new Grady quick connect engine flush

gbgrady208

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'm in California and need one as well - - is this the part number? HFCD261257GHT

Ajon

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Think so I order the big bag when I lost one

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Where u at? Got bag full of them
Just got a 335 freedom with triple 300s it has the quick connect at boarding door. I have an adapter that has the Cpc logo on it. It is extremely difficult to get in there. It has a spring loaded check valve triggered by a pin at the end I try to attach a pix of it. When finally getting it to sit in there after extreme push force I think the stream of water that is coming out of engine is too weak, hardly makes the check stream show.
question is whether this is the correct one or just one hat doesn't fit easily?

thanks
h

Attachments

• DF144EB9-2AA6-4011-AE22-523C46617ED0.jpeg
    DF144EB9-2AA6-4011-AE22-523C46617ED0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Ok checked the picture of part nr in the above message and yes that is what I have. So why is it so hard to get it in there, is there a trick to it and is the water stream suffficient?
h

gbgrady208

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I had one of two on my Marlin that was difficult to plug in and it leaked from the day the boat was delivered. On about the third use, the receiving end on the boat broke apart. It's now apparent it was cracked which is why it was difficult to plug in and also why it fell apart. It's a warranty issue for me, but the new receiving end is backordered with Grady White. Generally speaking, I think this is an awful design and starting to research alternatives that will allow me to simply screw the hose to the connector and open a valve to turn it on. The plastic plug connector is likely to break again once repaired as it looks as though even the weight of the connected hose will put stress on the plastic plug and receiving end. Something stainless would seem on the surface to be the better solution.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I wonder if it would not be possible to just replace the receiving end with some standard couplers. They must have a back flow valve I believe and a barbed end to fit the hose that's there now.
since I keep the boat racked I have been using the flush connection on the motor when I bring it up and wash it. It works for me but when left in the water it is not practical albeit also possible.
The current system is not practical and for someone without a strong hand impossible to use in my case.
h

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
The Grady couplers have a check valve built into them so when uncoupled the water from the engine while running can‘t come back through the coupler. They do not work like a typical Milton connector used for pneumatic tools. I tried using the Grady connector when i first got my boat and found them to be a pain in the neck. The location under the gunnel and the effort to make the connection was inconvenient. It is easier to open the stern door, stand on the swim platform and use the hose connection right on the outboard.

gbgrady208

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have been doing the same - - flushing from the connectors on the outboards. I do think it's possible to setup an alternative system with a valve to control whether it's open or not and would think if everything was stainless, it would hold up ok in the salt water environment. I would expect to have to replace the valve every few years due to wear. For now, I will wait for the parts from Grady White and fix the current system. I guess I'm lucky that the part that broke did not affect the check valve.

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
A heads up also, with this option to remotely flushing engine/engines comes an extra hose running through the umbilical to the outboard. I had a problem with the grommet located at the connection to the outboard, it was constantly coming loose. I would reattach it and put on another wire tie. I finally took it off and went to my Grady dealer for a replacement. Much to both my horror and the service rep we found out that at the factory they just take a utility knife to the grommet and cut most of the inside out in order to fit this extra hose through instead of a custom grommet. With the new grommet I cut the minimal amount out of the grommet to get it to work and it seems to be holding.30FA424C-0F9F-46C5-9B16-79A6138305E8.jpeg14B24C86-C2FD-494D-8250-E5E21E4C6468.jpeg777FB0B2-0F5D-46A1-8780-4E12892646EC.jpeg

OutageSeasoned

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
2022 Fisherman 180...if anyone needs the male flush fitting o ring...ID.614 CS.070 Buna-N O-Ring, Weldfabulous.com has 10-packs

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I ordered them from supplier and they do work. Only drawback is that the flow through them seem decreased and the telltale stream out of motor is very weak. Most of the time I use the direct hose connection and I also have a manifold with three legs and valves so with one hose connection I can feed all three motors consecutively.
I am fine for now.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
That is correct. I did however order it from products.Cpcworldwide.com they have two versions, valved and straight. I elieve the type nr was HFCD 261257 but not totally sure, would have to check when next time on boat.
anyway I didn't pay even close to the $43 each, at the most half of that.
it was a little tricky to find it on their website but it all worked out.

Reactions: rockpool