New Grady White owner

sanjuanron

Reaction score
I just purchased an 89 Offshore. It looks and runs like a new boat. Only 530 hours on twin Yamaha 150's. It took a weekend trip every year, cleaned, scrubbed, re-tuned, and put back into a heated garage it's entire life. The original owner had it specifically made for him. The boat is now moored and ready to start a new life fishing, and exploring the Pacific Northwest. I would appreciate any suggestions or tips!

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The best tip I can give you is enjoy the heck out of your Grady! And catch a lot of fish! Have fun, welcome to the site. Joe.

striped bass

Reaction score
Be sure to have the coast guard package on board. Have two of important electronics for safety. Two GPS (one can be hand held), two VHF, two cell phones. I have used my backups for each every season.

Post some pics.

sanjuanron

Reaction score
89Grady24.jpg

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Friday Harbor is an awesome place to have a boat. I spent many a year in my younger years boating from there north into Canada. It truly is a heavenly place.

I moored a 40' Alden Yawl in Flounder Bay in Anacortes and boated all of the islands up there. We dove for scallops in Haro Straights and cooked 'em up in the shell like clams. Dug clams north of Orcas, and soaked crab pots for dungeness in the Skagit delta.

Have fun out there!