New Grady White Owner

root

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself.

I just purchased a new to me 2000 GW Seafarer 226. I'm new to Grady White and the whole family is loving the new boat. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and just wanted to say what a great resource this is, and what a great group of helpful people you all are. Just searching through forum posts answered so many questions I had without even having to post so far.

I have to say that I had heard a lot about the stability and seamanship of the Grady Whites, but until I had experienced it I really didn't understand. I loved my 18' CC and it was a great boat that went out to Martha's Vineyard every weekend confidently, but it's night and day cutting through the waves on this new boat. My wife, who tends to get seasick, is also very happy with it.

One thing I will note for future people searching that I could not find anywhere to validate before doing measurements that I will mention. Is that I replaced the existing fish finder in the glove box with a Lowrance HDS Carbon 12 on the mounting bracket and had plenty of room to do it. It was very had for me to confirm if this would fit online and I wanted to post it somewhere that it had been done in case any of you are thinking of upgrading to bigger screens and want to put them in your glovebox but aren't sure they'll fit. My wife was adamant about not losing the storage with a flush mount as I have seen done. The rear access to that glove box and the general way that Grady White makes installing things and running lines so easy was a really wonderful surprise.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Love my new to me 2001 Seafarer in March of this year. Congrats and good luck with your seafarer. I love this more than I expected. Thanks for the tip.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Done the same in my 228, 12" Simrad evo 3, you can even fit a 16" if you want . The only issue is the hatch, I use braid on mine so it doesn't hit the screen but you can use a gas strut of even spring .Grady Auto pilot 022.JPG

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats on the seafarer. I have a 03 226, great boat.

Last edited:

root

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ah. No I put mine inside the glove compartment. Because my wife didn’t want a starboard covering it over. And was saying it fit inside and there’s still plenty of room to store things. 5B4852C7-77F9-42E2-9D2E-23404F8681D9.jpeg