New Grady

jmbadge

Reaction score
I am in the market to purchase a new 20 foot Adventure. I like the dealer I am dealing with . How do I know that I am getting a value on the boat price compared to other dealers. Any advice on purchasing a new boat ?

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You can try is search on the GW site for GW dealers in a number of states around you. Since a 208 is a very trailerable boat you may benefit form broadening your search beyond your imediate state depending on how many dealers their are in your area. Most GW dealers have websites that detail instock inventory. Give them a call. Some will offer pricing over the phone others will not, but many have their list price on the web for instock boats. Your best bet is on instock and especially leftover boats. I know of a few dealers in the Northeast who have 205 or 208 as this size has been selling slower recently relative to larger boat in this area. If you are in NJ/NY/CT you can PM me and I can give you my personal opinion on dealers as I have researched GW for a few years before buying. Since the 208 is one of the smaller baots I would not expect there to be a huge difference in price so if you are happy with your local dealer there may be benefits dealing with your local dealer over saving a few bucks by going somewere else especially if you plan to be a customer of theirs for service. If you plan on ordering a new boat built to your specs than it is much more difficult to compare. There may be GW rebates right now on some models.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
jmbadge,
I just purchased, but haven't yet taken delivery, of a new Tournament 225. I did alot of research and shopping around but my nearest dealer is 350 miles away. I would love to have a local dealer and honestly would always be willing to pay my local dealer more for taking care of me after the sale. If you like your local dealer and are convinced they are capable and will take care of you (which most GW dealers are and will) then I would make every effort to buy the boat from them. They have invested the capital, resources and energy to serve your local market. I have owned boats since 1987 and I can tell you that even the best boat still needs service and repairs. A good relationship with a local dealer is worth far more over your ownership lifetime than any small amount of money you may save on the front end. If your local dealer is competitive buy it from them. Just remember that the lowest price is not necessarily the best overall value. Good luck with your purchase!

grantmey

Reaction score
Capt Chris-

great reply about local dealers

also
great choice
I loved my 225
congrats on the new purchase!

jmbadge

Reaction score
Capt Chris-

Thanks , Capt Chris- that's great advice, It would save me money in the long run to stay local .

jmbadge

Reaction score
Scarlet Knight

Thanks for the advice " Good stuff " :)