New Guy from Oregon

Pescadote

Reaction score
Wow, you all have been very helpful; I can tell you are as passionate about your boats as I am! I've attached a picture of my current ride for reference. As I stated, I love this boat and am not sure that I want to sell it, but am seriously considering it.

One more vocabulary clarification from a West-coaster. When you say the Seafarer has a "large cockpit" - do you mean the station you drive from or the place in the back where you fish from. Out here, we refer to the place where you have to fish as the "dance floor!" :)

This Saturday I am making plans to go look at a Seafarer - it's not for sale - I just want to crawl around one and get a first hand look at it and talk to the owner. IMG_4843.JPG

Reactions: SkunkBoat

UCPA111

Reaction score
Dance floor. It's "yuge" LOL! Seriously....I love the amount of space in this boat. 20191105_195827.jpg

Attachments

• 20191105_195843.jpg
    20191105_195843.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 7

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
its been my experience that with four strokes you really don't need a trolling kicker.
Twins are great but a single 300 is a viable cheaper and more efficient option on those boats.

Everyone in the PNW uses a kicker motor to fish salmon. The main will not troll slow enough. Also why put the hours on your main. I may troll for 8 hours a day and use the main for 1. Plus the kicker is our get home safe motor. No need for twins especially since a single twin can't push past displacement speed.

I just bought a Seafarer and am putting a bracket on just like the about one. Need to find that brace.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
@Ky Grady - are those rod holders center back an add-on you did?

@UCPA111 what in the world are those side mounts? and the ring of attachments hanging off them?

R

UCPA111

Reaction score
@Ky Grady - are those rod holders center back an add-on you did?

@UCPA111 what in the world are those side mounts? and the ring of attachments hanging off them?

R

Hey Russ. I have a track system on each port and starboard gunnel I have adjustable rod holders on them. They are amazing quality, and very adjustable. I purchased from here: https://muddycreektackle.com
There is a bundle of "releases" hanging on the starboard side (left side of picture). They are used with Planer Boards for trolling in Lake Erie.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That is a very nice system for fishing. Not sure the wife and kids would like it on cruises though....