New guy question hard top for 206G

Bryansvo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to the site and just aquired a 1988 206G. We have used it a few times with the bimini soft top and have decided that a hardtop would be better. Has anyone put a hardtop on a 206G and if so, do you have the dimensions of the top? The current 208 looks like it has a similar hull and slightly diffent deck but most of the orientation looks the same. Would a top for a new adventure fit my classic :D ? Thanks for the input.

gunit1400

Reaction score
best advice is call GW, ask to speak to Wesley Hardee or Dan Naugle, both are long time employees in the engineering dept. I believe they would probably be the best ones to ask.

seasick

Reaction score
Even the top for a 208 fit, you will have a difficult time finding one. Your best bet is to have a custom one made but be prepared to spend a few bucks. There are semi custom ones available also but I am not a big fan of those models since the mountings are 'bolted' together and not welded

Bryansvo

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. I am just getting into this boat and I keep finding items that may need attention befiore I invest in a complete custom top. Lots of great information on this site.