New Helm Seat for 330 Express

stripedo

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the helm seat on my 2003 330 Express. Anyone do this yet? Grady led me to some pics of their Command Elite model, but I can't seem to find who makes it. Looks like a Pompanette, but it must be proprietary to Grady. I want something comfy with a flip up bolster and arm rests to clear out of the way a bit. Any suggestions?

MA208

Reaction score
I went with the Pompanette T2005 for my Marlin. No flip bolster but its a great seat. Ordered from Defender. You could get the new Grady seat from a dealer but it will cost you.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
I would like to find something that would allow the seat back to fold down, that could be used as a table in the cockpit for when we are entertaining at the dock. Apparently, none of the really nice seats have that capability, maybe because of strength?
Mike

Reactions: Fuzz

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Good info here, my '03 seat is looking pretty bad and am thinking a replacement may be in order.

About the 'fold down', I usually pull the seat off the post and store on the console, replacing it with a table we made with a stained/urethane round piece of wood to with cup holders cut in. Much easier to navigate round while stationary than any seat would be.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
@Bayhouse,
I have done that before with the helm seat. It just so bulky and awkward to take off and put back, but I agree it is nice to have the little table on there.
Mike

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yes. Llebroc. The Marlin. Comes in 2 widths. I did the narrower one. Only a couple more inches for the bigger if you have room. Awesome seat. Ask for Kitzy. She’ll set you up.

astrajls

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I purchased an Evolution series helm sea directly from Pompanette for my 330. It fits the existing chair pedestal with no alterations required and was available in Voyager Soft Sand color which I believe is similar to what Grady uses. The lift up bolster and arm rests add a little extra room to move around the helm deck. I’ve been very happy with it so far. It has a lot more back support which really helps in heavy seas. However, it didn’t come cheap. It was $1,816 last year. I worked with Gladdy Nugent gladwyn_nugent@pompanette.com (954) 525-6367 to put the order together. He was very helpful.

https://pompanettellc.com/current-c...ette-helm-chairs/evolution-series-helm-chair/

Fishtales

Reaction score
No logo unfortunately. They have a contract with GW and can't provide it. Beautiful chair. Only advice is to get the 12" mount and then cut it down to you desired height.