New Jersey Grady Group?

Polapea

Reaction score
I am brand new here, and pending next weeks sea trial, will be the proud owner of a 1995 Adventure 208. This will be my first time owning a boat and am interested in any advice or wisdom. I am very much interested in joining a group of like-minded people to share information, reviews and stories. I will be keeping the boat at a marina near Lavallette this coming season.

Are you planning on doing a lot of ocean / inlet fishing? If so you may want to consider slipping your boat closer to the inlets. Parents kept theirs behind their house in Lavallette and we figured we were burning $50-75 in fuel just getting to the inlet. If you go North you are dealing with the canal.

Have it at Clark’s Landing now and it’s much nicer being that close to the inlet.

B_Darling

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
You bring up a great point. I have gone back and forth thinking the same thing. Although, eventually, i will be doing as much offshore/nearshore trips as possible, I have decided, since I am a beginner and it is only a 20 footer, I will likely stay inshore for the majority of the first season. I have a single Yami F150 and am a little bit more optimistic about the fuel burn getting to and out of the inlet for those opportunities when the weather permits. My wife and young daughter love crabbing and I have found some decent fishing grounds inshore on the way to BI. Additionally, my wife and I share a vehicle, so it is very appealing for me to be able to walk/bike to my marina. When the 2021 season comes around and I discover that you are probably right after all, I will definitely reevaluate. Thanks for the insight and hope to see you out there. Out of curiosity, what model GW do your parents have?

JerseyJarred

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Hey JerseyJarred,
We live on Ivy Road I take Northstream Pkw almost every time I drive out to Bridge Ave. Our boat is slated to go back in around St. Patrick's Day. Moved here recently.
Bill

That's awesome, my brother lives one block over from you on Baywood. To get to my house you would make a left on Northstream and drive down toward the dead end, you'll see the Fin N' Tonic II up on blocks and hibernating in the driveway :) We moved into our house a little over two years ago and my brother just bought his this past May. Really love the area. Can't wait to get the boat back in the water!

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
Small world isn’t it? We keep it at Shore Haven Yacht Club on Beaver Dam Creek when it is in the water. The dock master Mark operates a nice family oriented marina for the club. Right now our boat is resting somewhere over at Comstock until St. Patrick’s Day.

Polapea

Reaction score
2021 season comes around and I discover that you are probably right after all, I will definitely reevaluate. Thanks for the insight and hope to see you out there. Out of curiosity, what model GW do your parents have?

We’re running a Marlin. Had a Sailfish until Sandy so we burn much more fuel.

Bay fishing around Lavallette is pretty bad except in the spring / fall. There’s actually a good run of bluefish through that area every April or early May. These are good sized racers and they are a ton of fun to catch. Troll some pony tails around the 37 bridge to Good Luck point and you’ll have a ball.

The flats behind Island Beach are also a good spot when the conditions are right.

Reactions: B_Darling

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Tried to get a Texas group going...found out there was one...they contacted me, said they were in “flux” as the president and wife stepped down, then....nothing, no contact...not that it would matter atm lol...I own a Grady, but she is a paper weight atm lol