New Marlin 30 Owner questions

Ozz043

Reaction score
Shawnod

Don’t taste the water ! ! dry it and watch it (without rain) if water comes then there’s a leak on 1of5 sea cocks (always leave closed) or your fresh water system.

My boat is level at rest but she does tend to list to port readily when underway. I have removed microwave, hot water heater, inverter which are all heavy items ... I tend to stack heavier items on starboard side but it has no real affect. Trimming motors out does help otherwise trim tabs certainly fix it.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
When you get back in the water, turn your aft bilge on manually, then throttle up to almost "on-plane". The water should drain back and pump overboard.
I bought a 98 Marlin last summer and repowered this November with F225's (used). Looking forward to spring.

Furuno 582 was the state of the art gear and preferred by many commercial fishermen. They are very simple to operate and at a minimum probably a great spare.

Risktaker

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I just bought a 2001 Marlin 30 and it came with a Furuno Color LCD Sounder FCV-582-L, a Furuno Radar Model 1731 Mark -3 RDP-099 and a Garmin 740S Plotter sounder. The boat was a one owner, well maintained boat, excellent shape.
The Furuno equipment does not seem to work as well as I would have expected. Does anyone have any experience with these models and how they compare with today's equipment? The Garmin has a transducer mounted on the stern and
the Furuno transducer is located on the flat spot on the bottom. If the Furuno sounder is outdated and not worth keeping I was thinking of removing it, and the transducer, then puttin a transducer that will work with the Garmin in place of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am considering a Garmin radar which would plug into the plotter, but again not sure if it is worth the money, when I have the Furuno. Any advice would be appreciated.There is a galvanic protector mounted under the starboard side gunnel. Not sure if it works or what it does. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In forward bilge area there is always 2-3" of water. I have used a hand pump and pumped it dry, but it always returns. Any suggestions?

As a new owner I would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.
Hi hi purchased a 2003 gradywhite 30’ marlin I also had Furuno electronics I removed all an installed all new Garmin equipment but left the old thro hull in they have a new Furuno 1971f that can be connected to that transducer for know an if you want to change in future you can to get better soundings/ a little at a time