New Marlin video

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here is a link to a new video about the Marlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkfLeeYbcg

I haven't seen one in years at the boat shows or dealer so it is nice to see some minor updates.

o New hatch design for genny and bilge access. This is awesome and answers the great access I saw on the Pursuit 25' DC. Folks will be very happy about this.

o SS windlass with bow switches. Been there awhile but first time I have seen it.

o SS cockpit shower cover. Yea!

o Freshwater genny cooling. Added in 2005, one less thru hull to deal with.

o Didn't show them but I believe there are now gunnel LED lights. Great!

GW has made some nice minor changes between redesigns (last in 2004). The genny access will be a HUGE hit. No more unscrewing deck and re-sealing. They DO listen to their customers! :goodjob

One remaining pet peeve - drop the holes on the port aft inside transom behind the rod racks. The batteries and some wiring are directly behind these which is NOT a place you want saltwater to splash. I had mine covered with starboard before delivery.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Great video. Two other items I noticed that were different. Instead of courtesy lights on the steps (they used to have attwood stern lights), there are speakers. On the cook top, it a glass touch screen that is flush with the countertop, not a drop down with a cover to fill in the countertop.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Its about time they did something with the above the gen deck. GREAT JOB!! But I didnt hear anything about an option for helm A/C :wink:

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like it! The only thing I'd be worried about is the speaker placement. A lot of water comes down the recessed walkway. Hopefully it doesn't mess them up.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I believe the under gunnel LEDs take the place of the cockpit lights. As for the speakers, I have a custom rig of Boston Acoustics mouned on the hardtop under the rocket launchers so I never use the factory stereo.

I agree the new bilge access door is the ticket!

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well I jumped up to look around yesterday to see how I was going to run an A/C duct to the helm. After pulling down the port wall in the cabin and removing the micro I was able to run a duct up that I T-ed from the aft cabin duct. All I have to do now is cut a 4" hole pull the duct out and mount it probably somewhere under the port speaker/cup holder. I turned on the fan and I might not even need a booster fan. 8)

'05 300 Marlin f250's

30marlin

Reaction score
Now I always thought the generator sat in there longways unless they did something with the water tank.

I am thinking about installing a F/P gen and have been trying to find some good pics to see how it is laid out.