New member and boat

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hello to all, after some months of searching and looking for the right boat to fit the wife and my needs and wants and also to fit our looming retirement budget I found one that seems to fit. Early February we bought a 2000 model 265 express. It just seemed like it was the right one for what we wanted- sort of a mobile fishing condo made by a top of the line company. We are excited to spend some quality time on it.
I've been reading a lot on this site since and have learned a lot and hope to ask several questions on this particular model. Since we plan on keeping it for some years I want to learn all I can about it. This site seems to be a wealth of knowledge. Thanks in advance. Did I mention we are excited?

HMBJack

Reaction score
Congratulations. And welcome to this site where you will find many helpful Owners to sort you through your needs. You chose a great model in the 265. 15 year old boat so I'm sure you have a punch list of To Do's. Great time of year to tackle all of that.

Good luck with the boat and your upcoming retirement. They should go together nicely!

Rosstafari

Reaction score
Nice choice! I have the same boat and same year. What do you have for power? Any pics? :welcome

Fishtales

Reaction score
Good Luck with the new boat! Folks here are pretty helpful and several have the same model. Feel free to ask questions or provide input!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Congrats on your new boat! I wish they still made the 265. It is a sweet boat. Enjoy the boat and catch some fish.

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Welcome. Have a 2005 265 Express that I bought new. Love the boat. Great for fishing and also to take family out in for pleasure rides. I am sure you will love the boat

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hello-- it has twin Yamaha ox66 250 horse motors. They are supposed to have just under 500 hours on them. They have just been serviced and have new high and low pressure pumps, new o2 sensors and new plugs, new fuel sender, management gauge and tanks scrubbed and checked for corrosion and new filters. The macerate blows the fuse when turned on so I will have to fix that and the autopilot also doesn't work correctly. I will try to get some pictures on here if I can figure out how and yes I have a punch list going.