New member here with an unloved boat?

ekalb

Reaction score
I am the proud new owner of a 1984 24' Dual Console. When I went to register on the site I found my poor girl isn't even an option as a Grady White in existence, so I picked the 225 as my boat :(

Anyways, I absolutely love it. We are coming from a smaller Boston Whaler that was just not family friendly enough for us.

My first main question is, does anyone know where I can find the capacity plate info for this boat? Mine is there, but is just so weathered that nothing is legible.

Are there any manuals or spec sheets available for this model? I know they only made it in 83 and 84, but I was hoping something my be floating around out there.

Thanks

For some proof this boat actually exists :) :

D3E9EC7D-3B2D-4353-99E7-FAC7104A7FEF-733-000001070A976B70.jpg

photo_12-2.jpg

photo_21-2.jpg

photo_32-2.jpg

photo_43-1.jpg

photo_52.jpg

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Sweet ride and she looks to be in awesome shape for her age. Your kiddos seem to love her and that is enough is it not? :D

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great looking Tournament. Actually, they were very popular. What do you have for power? Nice looking family too! Enjoy!!! :welcome

ekalb

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

The boat is powered with a 1996 yamaha vx-250.

Would It be worth my efforts to add trim tabs in the off season? I've never had a boat with them so I'm not sure if they would benefit the boat or not.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tabs will make a difference....they will enable you to balance the side to side ride of the boat, get the bow down in the chop, and smooth out the ride overall.

My 225 does not have them, but I'm planning to add them this off season....

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Parthery, i have the pump,the harness and everything else (no tabs) in Benett that i took out of the Formula( i am installing Lencos), let me know if you can use them, i'll send them to you. I don't know if they work as i never tried them, but the pump is not leaking.