New motor or say goodbye

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Buy a 150 merc and install it yourself. It’s very satisfying and can be done in a day. I just did two 150s. Back in the 90’s it was a neighborhood event and we would help each other out. Those days are past but not gone. Just derigging and pulling the old motor is a major learning experience and makes you a better boater. Good idea keeping the boat and enjoying it.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Buy a 150 merc and install it yourself. It’s very satisfying and can be done in a day. I just did two 150s. Back in the 90’s it was a neighborhood event and we would help each other out. Those days are past but not gone. Just derigging and pulling the old motor is a major learning experience and makes you a better boater. Good idea keeping the boat and enjoying it.
did you build a gantry? It would be cool to see some pictures if you have any of your process.

Gulffishin

Reaction score
Just curious…as another 192 owner with original 20+ year old original power and a re-power on the horizon; is Mercury more DIY friendly than other brands?