New Motor

Grady2219

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So I posted awhile back about my 200 Ocean Pro giving me constant troubles. Well I have the problem solved....I have a Suzuki DF250APX being put on this week. I know it isn't a Yamaha but with the motor availability and warranty its where my decision landed. By July 4th ill have new Garmin system, motor, new audio, and lighting!

seasick

Reaction score
Post an update after the rigging and good luck with the new setup.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
new motor equals new boat! congrats . I recalled when I repowered how excited I was to pick up the boat when it was finished. enjoy that feeling .

Grady2219

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
new motor equals new boat! congrats . I recalled when I repowered how excited I was to pick up the boat when it was finished. enjoy that feeling .
I have been waiting all week for the phone call its done! I'm at the beach now with no boat what bummer!

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Have you seen the motor? I've heard that there can be delays in procurement right now. 8^)

Grady2219

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It was sitting in the dealership waiting for a boat. Someone ordered it and backed out so I got really lucky.

Reactions: PT G

pmgia

Reaction score
Model
Advance
So I posted awhile back about my 200 Ocean Pro giving me constant troubles. Well I have the problem solved....I have a Suzuki DF250APX being put on this week. I know it isn't a Yamaha but with the motor availability and warranty its where my decision landed. By July 4th ill have new Garmin system, motor, new audio, and lighting!
You are VERY LUCKY, congratulations. I am pretty frustrated, I am being told November/December for a Suzuki 300AP 30” in white. I am told a Yamaha 300 is next year.

Grady2219

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So motor is sitting beside the boat however, the wiring harness is to short and will be early August until it arrives. So that's where I am now....bummer.

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Suzuki’s are good motors. I’ve had excellent experience with them. Get your own wire harness at the right length. It shouldn’t take until august. Check out browns marine and or boat specialties in pompano. Both are big players with Suzuki.

Grady2219

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So I've checked Browns Point Marine and a couple other smaller dealers and they have binnacles. Does anyone have anymore ideas?

Grady2219

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Alright the repower is complete! So the Suzuki 250 is on the boat and first day out was great. Nice smooth, quiet ride with plenty of power. Also the custom dash, fusion sound system, and led lighting make it even better. All I have left now is to have it buffed out and restriped!

Reactions: SkunkBoat