New owner Gulfstream 232 in CT.

Stamford Sue

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Looking for recommendations of where to buy some items such as saltwater washdown hose, stern seat cushions, etc. Must these be purchased through a Grady White dealer or are they generic and can be purchased through other marine stores? Also, what cleaning solutions and polish works best, in your opinion? Thanks!

grady23

Reaction score
Almost any good upholstery shop should be able to make the cushions. If not contact A & J Canvas, (252) 244-1509.. They do almost all the cushions/ canvas work for Grady-White. They are located in Vanceboro, NC. They should have the patterns for your boat. Washdown hoses can be purchased at BassPro or any boating store. 3M makes a cleaning/polishing system that works well to bring up chalked gelcoat.

Last edited:

Mclorite

Reaction score
I buy everything from either Amazon or defender in Waterford, CT. No matter who you buy from I find the washdown coil hoses only last just over a year before pin pricks start to appear. I had my rear cushions redone at nautical needles in Deep River. I gave them the old ones and they redid them perfectly. I also had them redo the strataglass for my enclosure this past winter and it's been great so far. I use any generic boat soap everytime I use the boat and then 3m non skid and polish about once a month.