New Rocket Launchers

danleston

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Added new rod rack (rocket launchers) to my 33 Express on to the hard top. Gives me space for 12 rods now. Plus mounts underside. Found them on eBay. The angle also adjusts.33Express - 1 (1).jpg33Express - 1 (1).jpg33Express - 1 (1).jpg33Express - 1 (1).jpg33Express - 1 (1).jpg

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Fishtales

Reaction score
How is it mounted topside. The coring is balsa on the tops so make sure you have good backing plates and that everything is sealed well. I like the quantity!

Reactions: Halfhitch

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
How is it mounted topside. The coring is balsa on the tops so make sure you have good backing plates and that everything is sealed well. I like the quantity!

I agree with Fishtales on both accounts...very nice addition and the importance of protecting your coring. Merely putting sealant on the mounting bolts is not enough. Perhaps you are on top of it but if not, this is a good description of proper sealing of cored areas....especially the part about the bent nail.
https://www.soundingsonline.com/features/installing-hardware-on-cored-decks

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd also want to make sure there is sufficient metal on the top side. GW uses fairly large mounting plates ((3) 6"X8") that are welded to the rocket launcher. This ensures any stress is spread out across that area on the top. Hopefully there is some sort of plate on the topside of the hard top. Bolts alone would not be enough IMHO. Plates would be better and plates welded to the rocket launcher would be best.