New shoes!!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Went and had new tires put on my rims. Goodyear Endurance. 5 years on the first set and not an issue one. Spares never touched the ground. Highly recommend these tires. Made in the USA !!

20220702_201108.jpg20220702_174547_copy_1500x2000.jpg20220702_174541.jpg

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Ky, Did you change out due to rubber deterioration ? Cracking ? piece of mind ? I know you trailer quite a distance

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ky, Did you change out due to rubber deterioration ? Cracking ? piece of mind ? I know you trailer quite a distance
Guess the reason is piece of mind. General rule,,, 5 years is a long time for trailer tires, and I'm going by the manufacture date on the tire, not the actual time on trailer. Combine actual miles, exposure to the elements and sitting in storage for extended periods of time, and the tire does start breaking down. Yes, I trailer long distance from time to time, and I like to keep fresh tires under my boat. Rather not have tire failure on the road. I know a flat could happen at anytime, but it's one less thing to worry about knowing my tires are up to the task of going on my next adventure, be that to the Keys, South Carolina, or Lake Erie.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Great but go with sneakers - not shoes!
Proper maintenance and new equipment should mean less issues and breakdowns and more fun down the road.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
KY is correct on Endurance Tires. 4-5 years on my Son's (my old) 232 Gulfstream tandem rig and zero problems.

I'll replace with Endurance when the time comes. Great product.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I change mine every 5 years as well. I make sure I buy fresh stock when I buy the new ones . Nothing wrong with them when I change them and heaps of tread, tread almost like new actually.
I replaced mine for the second time last year I bought Bridgestone 205x70x 15" 8 ply radials, made in Japan. I will not buy any tyres made in China.
My trailer built in USA came with crap trailer tyres, I got rid of them soon after the trailer arrived in AU.
I would also suggest you cover your tyres when parked in the sun, especially in hot climate like Fl.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes but where is your lower unit?

For those of you that saw my thread over on THT, I too am now a proponent of replacing the "chinabombs" with Goodyear Endurance, or - as another option - Carlisle Radial Trails in LR D.

I went back with chinabombs again because Tredit honored their warranty and sent me 4 new ones, and after I replaced the fender and redid the brake lines (both of which were tore up from the blowout) I wasn't in the mood to spend another $500. I'll get through the summer and upgrade to Endurances in the fall.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lower unit is getting re-sealed, so it's in the garage on my stand. I like the stealth idea though. Started with upper seals leaking a little, replaced those, then prop shaft seal leaks, so waiting on those to come in. I knew better,,,, should have ordered all the seals at the same time.

20220702_161459.jpg