New Striped Recreational Bass Slot Regs

Fishtales

Reaction score
What a joke. 28"-31". Are you kidding? Why not just say, go to your local fish market and sell your boat!

Brady White

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
It certainly won't be the fun we had last year. I'm down to my last (2) fillets in the deep freeze.

I hear they're in Boston, Plymouth and Buzzards Bay. Anyone get any keepers in last couple of weeks?
Bob

Brady White

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Update;
A buddy of mine just caught his first one of the season yesterday in Falmouth. His daughter had one also that ran the line out and got away.
I was catching squid just up the coat from him and saw a couple stiped bass break the surface. They're here!

Any luck in Boston Harbor Fishtales?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Have not been out yet. I'll still go now and then, but that slot measurement and quantity is a joke. I'll be hunting BFT more and getting skunked more to boot.

Brady White

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Have not been out yet. I'll still go now and then, but that slot measurement and quantity is a joke. I'll be hunting BFT more and getting skunked more to boot.
Nothing is official yet. We still have until July 1 to keep 29" up to 35", and if they don't change the ruling by then nothing will change from last year. Either way, it's definitely going to be easier to feed ourselves before July.

Tight Lines!
Bob

Fishtales

Reaction score
Agree... Last year they shut down fishing off the cape cod canal. I understand some non indigenous people were catching fish, running to their car to ice to catch more than the limit... Other would try to toss back smaller (dead) ones when they got something bigger. So many fools with no ID that the Env Police couldn't keep track them, issue tickets, arrest of figure out their names so they shut the whole thing down. Some folks always find a way to screw things up for everyone.....

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
And in Maryland you can keep fish 19 inches to 35 inches.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I long way to go by boat but at least it is a reasonable slot range......

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I long way to go by boat but at least it is a reasonable slot range......
Scratch that. They just changed the slot to 19 to 31. Which is not a big deal because you will not catch a striper over 24 inches from now untill October in the bay.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Still waay better than what we got....