New to Grady White!

Pops54

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Moving to Grady White 247 Advance from Contenders, Not a fan of Pulpits or Bow Rails. Does anyone know if there is a split toe rail that fits the bow rail holes, and if not has anyone removed the bow rail and pulpit? What can I expect? Hope to hear about 247 Advance as well! Thanks!!

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
The trend is a much sleeker look, but I don't think you would want to do this unless you only go up front only when its glass.

pearle diver

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Does your 247 have a pulpit? I have a 2000 that does not have a pulpit and I am looking to add a pulpit with railings.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Installed a pulpit from the dealer some years ago on my 2006 208. Came with the all the hardware and bow rail extension. Some cutting of the old rail is needed for the new rail install and the pulpit has marks to show the install position of the hardware. Take you time and enjoy! Certainly made retrieving the anchor "by hand" a lot easier.

pearle diver

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Installed a pulpit from the dealer some years ago on my 2006 208. Came with the all the hardware and bow rail extension. Some cutting of the old rail is needed for the new rail install and the pulpit has marks to show the install position of the hardware. Take you time and enjoy! Certainly made retrieving the anchor "by hand" a lot easier.
Thanks
Yes pulling the anchor without it is a pain. I was hoping pop54 had one that he wanted to sell.

seasick

Reaction score
On my 208, I have the standard anchor and a second anchor and line that I keep in the starboard locker mid ship. For short term anchoring in CALM seas, I use the second anchor tied off to the mid ship or sometimes aft cleat. Yes, it is dangerous as a practice to anchor off of an aft cleat but as I mentioned, I use it for calm shallow ( like 4 foot deep ) waters and in the bay, not the ocean. Occasionally for anchoring off of a beach and when the currents aren't favorable, I will use the main anchor and the second anchor.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
On my 208, I have the standard anchor and a second anchor and line that I keep in the starboard locker mid ship. For short term anchoring in CALM seas, I use the second anchor tied off to the mid ship or sometimes aft cleat. Yes, it is dangerous as a practice to anchor off of an aft cleat but as I mentioned, I use it for calm shallow ( like 4 foot deep ) waters and in the bay, not the ocean. Occasionally for anchoring off of a beach and when the currents aren't favorable, I will use the main anchor and the second anchor.

Anchoring off the stern in the GOM is very popular for the grouper diggers weather permitting.

pearle diver

Reaction score
Model
Advance
In the bahamas we used to anchor off the stern, when the dock was iffy.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
For boat camping in shallow protected anchorages, we anchor of the stern as we find the any breeze lapping water against the hull in the cudy is a noisy affair (light sleeper) and that quiets things down up front for a better snooze!