New to me! 2001 Sailfish

Captain Crunch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new boat! I have the same year and model. A bunch of great guys here on greatgrady and a wealth of knowledge. A few pointers to look at right away, as mentioned the rear deck drains/hoses, mine aren't shot "yet" but I'm planning on getting them redone next year regardless. Rear bang plate, take it off and get it glassed over, I'm going to have that done this year before dropping her in the water. Rear scuppers, have them looked at, I think I'm going to have them removed and just glass the inside of holes over this year as well. The head (bathroom) drain pump/float has a habit of getting gunked up and sticking to the on position. Get to it and clean the entire thing out or it'll run your battery dead. You can barely get access to it from the floor pie plate in the cabin (much better if you remove the floor board).
And finally if you happen to get a little drip of water on the towel holder in the head area, let me know if you can figure out where it's coming from because I can't for the life of me figure out how it ends up there after 3 years of chasing it down. Good luck with the new boat and don't be afraid to ask any questions.
Been raining here for a solid week. A little driping form the side teardrop window seals. But nothing else leaks in the cabin area.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yeah I've always gotten the window seal slight drip..... honestly have been putting off ripping the window out and redoing it correctly. But the small drops landing on the towel holder have gotten me stumped.