New to me 2007 282 Sailfish

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You, sir, have a lot of fun ahead of you with that awesome boat:)

R

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Joining the others in offering congratulations on your rig.

Ever curious; will you stay aboard more often with the bigger cabin?

Where is the next leg starting & ending?

You do realize your 3+MPG days are over....

Glad your taking the cruise back up; many of us enjoy following along vicariously. May you have calm seas (at least some of the time.)

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congrats on the new ride. Something about the 282 just makes you smile when you hop aboard. 1 year later and I still get giddy when I get to my boat. You'll realistically get about 1.4 on an easy cruise with those outboards, which is still pretty good considering the ride. You'll be very happy with the 250's., She can jump out of the hole and in an emergency you can get her on plane with one outboard. Enjoy her and be safe on your travels. Keep us posted.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the encouraging replies! Really bought this boat to do the Great Lakes next summer. Work and health issues prevented that trip this summer, so bought the bigger boat instead.

After the Great Lakes I need to resume the interior leg in Demopolis, AL, down to Mobile Bay. From there, the Loop joins the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway to about Dog Island, FL. My old 258 would have been great on that leg. But then there are some fairly long open water days crossing Gulf, making your way down to Tampa to pick up the Gulf Intracoastal again. The 282 will be nice on some long days in the open Gulf.

And I do plan to overnight much more. I need to figure out how to rig up an AC.

But my first need is to add power assist steering. I'll start another thread on that. I've got some bad discs in my neck and I wasn't prepared for the difference in twin engines.

OZ WHITE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Congratulations on the GW 282 beautiful boat ...I am green with envy..IMG_2374_1563588844892.JPG