New to me first boat 2003 Grady White sportsman 180

seansylva

Reaction score
I just picked up a new to me 2003 Grady White sportsman 180 with a 2003/04 yamaha 150 4 stroke. This is my first boat so i'll likely be posting a lot since I have a lot to learn.

I need to have the bang plate replaced and the transom sealed but its currently not rotted but a little wet but that's a spring project.

First question. Many of the 100 hour maintenance kits I see on Partsvu.com state that they are for yamaha models 2006 and newer. would those work on my 2003?

What other maintenance items should I perform to set myself up for less trouble?

Thanks
Sean
Edit

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I guess it depends on what those maintenance kits contain and whether or not it's the items you want. Do the items that are in those kits pertain to your engine? Those are the things you need to look into. But, why not just buy the things you need separately?

If you're not going to be using the boat till Spring, then you may want to drill some holes in the transom to help things dry out - also cover the transom really well so rain water doesn't continually seep down in there.