New to me Marlin (part two) - past owner?

eppem

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to tinker with the electronics and discovered the boat has a ton of waypoints from the west coast of FL. Boat has no name, any chance there is a GG member who once owned a 2013 Marlin with f350s and Raymarine electronics? Anyone from FL recognize the boat? Worse case I’ve got some really good “numbas” for the area if anyone is interested. To bad I’m in the Northeast, lol, because some of the spots look fishy. Would love to find the past owner!!

EPPE

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Congrats on the new boat Mike, I cannot wait to see her.

Reactions: eppem

eppem

Reaction score
Thanks Damian! Boat is in East Haven at Diamond Marine if you want to take a look.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
epp;

I don't think it's the same one, but one of our Gulf Coast club members had a Marlin of that vintage. I don't think they fished much, if any, so the waypoints you speak of make me think yours is a different boat.

That said, very few had 350's and our members boat I'm speaking of did. I was excited enough when I saw it that it caused me to think about equipping mine with 350's, which I did. Incredible engines..I love mine.

Anyway, probably not the same boat, but who knows?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Had a marlin of that approximate vintage up here on the nature coast, but I don't remember it had 350s. It recently left. so could be? I'd be interested in getting the numba's if you're comfortable sending them. Garmin or .gpx format works for me. If not, fully understand.
spitler5@gmail.com

Bill

eppem

Reaction score
Looks like there were two owners in FL, the boat was wholesaled to Off the Hook in NC, sold this spring and returned with the blown engine. Still paper trailing. Magic Bill, can you ask your friend? Maybe I will post something in that thread too, thanks for the idea!

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I will inquire within our club to see if the (maybe) previous owner can be located. I never really knew them well and didn't exchange phone numbers.

I think I can find out the answer even without speaking to the former owner. I'll post back on this thread with my findings.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
epp:

Haven't heard back from my club contact yet. Just wanted you to know I hadn't forgot your request.

If he gets back to me, I'll let you know. There's no one else that I know that can give me info on your boat.