New To the Grady Family!!! Just got a 360!

pablor

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been lurking for a while in this forum reading all of the great posts and information. I finally pulled the trigger on a 2006 360 with 20 hours on the engines. I consider myself lucky having gotten the deal that I got on an almost brand new boat. The boat had never been slept in or the head ever flushed!

Anyway, I am picking her up in two weeks from Charleston, SC. I am getting outriggers and centerriggers put on right now. I have a couple of questions:

1. How much are you paying for insurance on a 360 with trip 250's?
2. I need to install new wiper blades. Anyone has the size and type?
3. One of the windshield sprayheads is missing the tip. Where can I get one of those?

Other than that the boat was perfect. Well, the zinc on the center engine is missing, but I can get that for $40.

Thanks so much and I look forward to being part of the family. I have already done the factory tour as I live in Raleigh NC (an hour away). I fish out of Oregon Inlet from Pirate's cove if there is anyone in the forum from there, please say hi!

Pablo

PS. I will post pictures as soon as I go get her...

BTW. I have a 2006 Hydra Sports Vector 2500 CC with 27 hours on twin yamaha 250's absolutely loaded that needs a new home!!!

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on an awesome boat! I look forward to seeing pics.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Pablo,
What a way to start your Grady career. It doesn't get any better than a 360! Congratulations on a great find. I hope nobody died. The Outer Banks are one of my favorite places on Earth. I think I've died and gone to heaven every time I go to Ocracoke. Just wish I could get there more often. I have always wanted to take the factory tour. Is it really worth the trip to Greenville? It would be a long trip from KY. Anyway enjoy your boat and be careful in the Oregon Inlet!

pablor

Reaction score
capt chris said:
Pablo,
What a way to start your Grady career. It doesn't get any better than a 360! Congratulations on a great find. I hope nobody died. The Outer Banks are one of my favorite places on Earth. I think I've died and gone to heaven every time I go to Ocracoke. Just wish I could get there more often. I have always wanted to take the factory tour. Is it really worth the trip to Greenville? It would be a long trip from KY. Anyway enjoy your boat and be careful in the Oregon Inlet!

If you are going to the outer banks, it is really worth the stop. They are the nicest group of people I have ever met. They knew I was buying a used boat and they spent 3 hours with me anyway. I called at 10am and they told me to just drop by, which I did 2 hours later. At the end of the tour I told them how much my kids enjoy boating and they gave me t-shirts for them and everything. Class act for sure!

WRT the boat I bought, nobody died... the owner had 4 kids back to back to back to back and his fishing career ended early!

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Glad to hear everybody is "alive and well and still a threat to the neighborhood". I will definitely go the factory for the tour the first chance I get.
Have a beer for me the next time you're in Howard's Pub if it's still in Ocracoke!

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats on a great boat, I'll be at Pirate's Cove from June 29-July 19. I own a house in Rudder Village.
Greg

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wow! :D
That is some boat as a first Grady. Congrats. I look forward to some pix.

I also live in the triangle area (Cary) and fish out of Wrightsville. There hasn't been any decent wx for 3 weeks except for this past Friday. The models are showing a nice weekend coming up however with high pressure over the NC and SC coast so perhaps I can get in out first trip of 2008.

pablor

Reaction score
megabytes said:
Wow! :D
That is some boat as a first Grady. Congrats. I look forward to some pix.

I also live in the triangle area (Cary) and fish out of Wrightsville. There hasn't been any decent wx for 3 weeks except for this past Friday. The models are showing a nice weekend coming up however with high pressure over the NC and SC coast so perhaps I can get in out first trip of 2008.

We've been out once 3-4 weeks ago but we stayed in the sound, too much chop outside...Too cold too for a CC, thus the express boat... :D

pablor

Reaction score
Greg B said:
Congrats on a great boat, I'll be at Pirate's Cove from June 29-July 19. I own a house in Rudder Village.
Greg

I dont know where Rudder Village is. Is that inside Pirate's Cove? The boat will be in a slip there. There is a 305, a 330 and now my 360 at Pirate's Cove.. Our place is in Salvo...

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
pablor said:
I dont know where Rudder Village is. Is that inside Pirate's Cove? The boat will be in a slip there. There is a 305, a 330 and now my 360 at Pirate's Cove.. Our place is in Salvo...

Rudder Village is a subdivision within Pirates Cove.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I hereby volunteer to take the short drive from Pawleys Island to Charleston and help you take your boat back to the OBX.

What a great boat you have and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Eberen

Reaction score
New to the family

Congratulations!!! I have the 2008 360 with Tower, Chair, and trip 350's and am paying around $2400. Of courde your final bill has a lot to do with usage, deductibles, lay up time, etc. I would imagine your insurance should be south of $2000, since the area around here (shinnecock, hamptons) is a 'high rate' area.

pablor

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I am picking her up next thursday, I can hardly sleep...

Who is your insurance carrier?

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that....The 360...Like all GW's are way overpriced. We all know that any express of that size should have inboard diesels. You won't be able to fish seriously off that boat with the OB's hanging off the transom and it is way underpowered for an offshore boat. On top of all that the wiring is substandard, it doesn't ride well at all..."It'll pound your kidneys right out of you", and it's way too light due to the inferior glasswork. Might as well check your transom now as well before it falls off with all that weight back there. I hope you didn't spend too much on this boat ....Although I know you did......Shame...You could've gotten many other boats for that $$ without all of the issues I've listed above...I guess you'll know better next time :wink: :wink: