New to us 2007 305 Express Questions

teaklejr

Reaction score
Just finished out 310 mile trip home and loved it. Boat handled great and everything went good. Couple questions

The fuel selectors for the main and auxiliary tank where should they be position wise? The guy we got her from left them both in the on position and seemed to work fine. Both gauges went down at about the same rate. Just want to if that is ok to do.

One the chill plates I can’t seem to get the aft cooler to change temp. When I hit the sp button once then again and try to adjust it nothing happen. They both work great and glad the boat has them.

The fresh water pump will run about every 5 minutes for a few seconds, I looked all over and don’t see any leaks. Could it just be the pump itself maybe leaking back into tank?

Any other tips that might be helpful would great. This thing has a lot more service items than our old boat.

frankm

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Hello,
congrats on your Express!
on my 2007 305 Express, I like to use my aux gas tank first (139 gallons) before I drain the main tank. The aux tank sits behind the main tank towards the stern. I find the boat rides better with the weight in the middle of the boat.
i can’t help with the chill plates, because I don’t have them.
my fresh water pump never runs, unless I am using it. My guess is that you have a very small leak somewhere in the system.
Good luck and I’m sure you’ll love the boat.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Chase the wires and fuses on the chil plate first.
If the pump is cycling, check for a leak. That is your issue. Faucets sometimes need feeds tightened.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I will primarily use and keep fuel in the main tank. I only really use the rear tank for longer trips, where I will need to carry more fuel. in those cases I will burn it all the way down first, then switch over to the main tank.

Reactions: frankm