New Top for my 204 Overnighter

derx2

Reaction score
I just got my boat back from the canvas shop, He built a new top, sides, front, back drop with a new frame. I also asked him to build a cockpit cover for trailer-ing / mooring / storage. The material is Top Gun fabric (acrylic coated polyester) in Color code : 474 Navy Blue, which I thought matched the G/w blue stripe the best. Were going out for a shakedown run tomorrow. Maybe drop a line in the water hoping for a (very) early spring chinook salmon

feburay2010013.jpg

feburay2010014.jpg

feburay2010015.jpg

feburay2010016.jpg

mooring Cover:
feburay2010019.jpg

feburay2010018.jpg

feburay2010017.jpg

feburay2010020.jpg

derx2

Reaction score
I brought a pic of my boat to the boat show and shopped hard. The quotes I got were all within about 20% of each other with one $2000 quote. (Really?)

I ended up going with a shop I heard about on one of the local fishing forums.
All done with a new frame, the top was $900 and the mooring cover was $220. It was made 100% by the owner himself. This is recession/west coast pricing. I think I did pretty good.

'84Offshore

Reaction score
$900 for the top including the eisenglass and drop curtains?

That sounds great!! Wish he was on the east coast......

Clockwork

Reaction score
wow you got a great deal and a very nice looking top system. i commend you in your color choice as well. goes perfectly. i would have expected that to be a $2000 job.

Fish Tank

Reaction score
I have the same boat. Will the new top fit on the old frame? I need my top and eisenglass redone but the frame is fine. For what you paid and how good it looks, I might try to have a top made and shipped to me. Do you have the shop contact info?

derx2

Reaction score
hi There
I am almost certain they need the boat on site in order to fabricate the top, On the other hand I think there are some "semi-custom" tops available online (carver?) that might work.

if you want to message me I can give you the canvas guy's number just to check.

DE