New (used) Marlin traile

Island Pilot

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I was fortunate to find a good deal on a used boat trailer from a dealer that just sold a Marlin and buyer did not want the trailer :). Picked it up a few days ago and hauled the boat. Only issues were a broken bow eye bolt on the Marlin that I had to replace (lost a few bolts in the tight quarters), some cracked rubber on the tires and a broken winch (had to strap boat to get her up the ramp). It’s nice to have the boat sitting high and dry. Time for some new bottom paint and pull out the generator to get rebuilt so I can sell it (anybody in the marked for a generator??). Do you guys recognize the ramp??

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 43

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I was fortunate to find a good deal on a used boat trailer from a dealer that just sold a Marlin and buyer did not want the trailer :). Picked it up a few days ago and hauled the boat. Only issues were a broken bow eye bolt on the Marlin that I had to replace (lost a few bolts in the tight quarters), some cracked rubber on the tires and a broken winch (had to strap boat to get her up the ramp). It’s nice to have the boat sitting high and dry. Time for some new bottom paint and pull out the generator to get rebuilt so I can sell it (anybody in the marked for a generator??). Do you guys recognize the ramp??

Hey Island Pilot:

Just saw this..Congrats on saving some $ on your trailer purchase. Last news was you were heading toward a new one.
Is the Cap adequate on this one? Hopefully it gets the job done for you.

I do not recognize the ramp; somewhere near Largo maybe? Dunno...

Island Pilot

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hey Island Pilot:

Just saw this..Congrats on saving some $ on your trailer purchase. Last news was you were heading toward a new one.
Is the Cap adequate on this one? Hopefully it gets the job done for you.

I do not recognize the ramp; somewhere near Largo maybe? Dunno...

Thanks! The cap is 17k gross, so not the 6k axels I wanted, but more than adequate..... especially for what I paid :). I don’t have to trailer it very far, and the plan is to pull her out every 5-6 weeks for a few week or so to gas up, clean and service. Ramp is John Pennekamp :).

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks! The cap is 17k gross, so not the 6k axels I wanted, but more than adequate..... especially for what I paid :). I don’t have to trailer it very far, and the plan is to pull her out every 5-6 weeks for a few week or so to gas up, clean and service. Ramp is John Pennekamp :).

Pennenkamp:

Got it..My son and I spent a couple weeks there around 2006 or so. If memory serves, you have to pay for the fresh water at that ramp if you want to clean the boat, flush engines, etc.

Great snorkeling out at the reef in that area; Came face to face with a barracuda for the first time. That was frightening; he (or she) just watched us from a distance and finally swam away. I learned later that they are just curious; Now Man O'Wars on the other hand....

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks like a good fit. at #17k you should be all set with that set up.