New Wiring and Fuel Systems Seafarer 228

SwampGrizz

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan ahead and save up some money up so I can refurbish my boat in the next year or so. I want to have my Seafarer re-wired and new fuel tank/hoses/lines replaced. New electric panel and bilge pumps, etc. I am not a do-it-yourselfer and I don't have the place and/or time to do it myself, so I would have to get this hired out. I know that there will be a lot of variables involved, so I am not looking for exact quotes, just ballpark estimates or a range of costs. Assume worst-case scenario like new fuel tank and new electric panels.

Am I looking at $5,000, $10,000?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

SwampGrizz
Savannah, Ga.

barclayrl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am doing a similar thing to my 89 228. Just the cost of the tank is min. $850. I spent close to $1500 so far on switches, fuses, wire, bilge pumps with float switches, livewell and wash down pumps. I still need new batteries and am am sure I will run into more expenses. So add in gas lines and I bet cost of parts alone is $3k. Hope this helps, I am a diy person so can't help with labor costs

Al the above parts are "core" wiring and not talking gps ff etc.

SwampGrizz

Reaction score
Barclayrl,
Thanks for the post. Maybe I can budget $3K/$4K for parts, and hopefully the labor will not be more than that.

I appreciate your help.

SwampGrizz