New Yamaha 300 HP

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I saw the new Yamaha 300 HP today for the first time. Boy does this thing look like a toy next to the F350. It looks about like an F250.

If this thing proves out to be reliable and truly has 300 HP at the shaft it is going to make a huge impact on the market. It will most definitely kill the F350's market. That said I would not be the first to sign up for one.

Frank

Reaction score
I expect they will up the hp of the 350 to 400 or more and find a way to slim it down some. Plus, wouldn't you expect more torque out of the bigger displacement engine, in which case it may still fit a lot of applications despite the increased weight.

But yes, let's hope the new 300 really is 300 hp and reliable. :D

bc282

Reaction score
Yes, the new F300 looks great!
the F250`s are very similar and am coveting a pair.
if i could sell my twin 2002 F225`s and re-power with the new F250`s and be out just $10k, i`d do it in a heart beat, but i think it`ll cost more than that :(

Ed Bukala

Reaction score
new 300 yamaha

Hi fellows
We will have our new 300 on our Freedom 255 June 11th. I had a look at our 255 on monday, just delivered to my dealer Desmasdons in Ontario, Canada, and am very pleased, she is a big looking 25 footer. The motor is due in by June 7th, have been very hard to get so holding my breath. We thought about going to the 350 as the boat is rated for this power but did not want the added cost or weight...so time will tell if we made the right decision. Will keep everyone posted once we get "Buckster" on the water and post lots of pictures.
Bukster