New Yamaha 4 strokes

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
232 GULF said:
I'm strongly considering repowering my 2000 232 Gulstream with the new 300hp V6. My GW dealer has approved it, saying that the hull/transom can definitely handle the torque. Should be a perfect fit in my opinion......

A very wise choice, be sure to let us know some performance numbers - I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ed Bukala

Reaction score
New Yamaha Outboards

Hi All
My new Tournament 225 is on order with the new Yamaha 250, can not wait. We are going to Canada's largest boat show this weekend, The Toronto International Boat Show. I will visit my good freinds and Grady dealer, Desmasdons Boat Works, and the Yamaha booth. I hope that some of the new engines will be there and will pass on any info I get from the show that has not already been seen on our Forum.
Bukster
2008 Grady Tournament 185 with Yamaha 150, Sold
2010 Grady Tournament 225 with Yamaha 250, on order

3rd Day

Reaction score
With all the banter back and forth about 2s & 4s, no one has mentioned the Ox66 series of motors. I had a 2001 250 on a 22' Pxxxxxt cuddy. Loved the boat and the motor was awesome. Great power, reliability and fuel economy. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

leek

Reaction score
Ed, you will enjoy your T 225. Best runabout I have ever owned. Your top end will probably exceed 50 MPH and the scuppers will be well clear of the water! My T225 is an 08 with a 250 and a 9.9 kicker so I can see the water in the floor drains but just below the floor.
Good all around boat, I have towed a very good slalom skier to his satisfaction and have had very good fishing and crabbing days aboard as well. It is a great riding boat on Puget Sound.
I also have a 38' Sport fisher or Convertible and the Grady is my favorite boat to go out in decent weather.
Small enough to be towed by small SUV (Cayenne) over mountains, but big enough to go out with the local Grady guys 45-50 miles for tuna in the Pacific off Westport

georgemjr

Reaction score
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that yamaha, and any other manufacturer, changes design as consumer demand changes. Right now, and for the forseeable future, 4S is it. Few are interested in the 2S anymore. That doesn't mean the 4S is better. In many ways it is, in a few it is not. The 2 strokes are proven and reliable, just not the newest technology. I wouldn't hesitate to own one (or 2 like I do now). Market demand and $$ drive production. Not an inner drive to make your life better.