New York Fishing

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Anyone Fish the New York area?
Im out of Flushing bay and would like to share spots.
I have good blackfish and porgy spots.
No monsters but pleanty of fish.
Contact me and we can share.
Bill

• Wow
Reactions: Freedom 205

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
It seems like the bass have finally moved in and still nice blackfish.
Anyone in the NYC area want to share spots?

Attachments

• 20211120_122019.jpg
    20211120_122019.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20211128_134828.jpg
    20211128_134828.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
No one wants to share fishing spots in NYC

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 28

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not too many NYC owners on here but I'm out of Jamaica bay. Didn't get much fishing in last year due to construction projects at home but I'm always willing to share location after a day on the a good bite. I go for stripers , fluke and tuna. Seasons almost here.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hey Mleads310
Im out of Flushing bay.
Would be glad to exchange info.
Killed the bass late this season. Fished into Janurary. Also good blackfish and of coarse porgies anytime..
Not opposed to fish together since its a trip to boat from North shore to South shore.

Attachments

• 20211214_112922.jpg
    20211214_112922.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20211214_112353.jpg
    20211214_112353.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20211114_130225.jpg
    20211114_130225.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20211128_134826.jpg
    20211128_134826.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: v8boatbuilder

seasick

Reaction score
I' boat in Jamaica Bay and I have a lot of fishing buddies. Some share everything including co-ords and some give general locations. A few don't tell at all but not a lot. What you won't get is folks on the VHF( 68 and 10) responding to your queries about "where are the fish?"
I won't answer those calls and find them quite annoying. Sometimes you may get a response but it may be a ruse or a joke:)
Once in a while, you will hear a radio call like "we're killing em at the ....."

My advice for Jamaica Bay and outside near shore is in general, if you see several boats fishing, that is where the fish are or will be at some particular time. If you see boats all of a sudden start to leave a spot, the fish have left. Also keep in mind that if you go where the boats are, you need to be fishing for the same species usually.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Bass Fishing is starting to heat up.
I hear Raritan bay is on fire. Looking to make the trip and meet up with a local Grady owner.
Let me know if anyone is interested

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Bass Fishing is starting to heat up.
I hear Raritan bay is on fire. Looking to make the trip and meet up with a local Grady owner.
Let me know if anyone is interested
I have my boat docked at Atlantic Highlands Marina strippers died off since Sunday. I believe they are spawning right now, wait a few days, I will let you know.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have my boat docked at Atlantic Highlands Marina strippers died off since Sunday. I believe they are spawning right now, wait a few days, I will let you know.
Thank you.
I killed it last year at the end of the season. Would love to share spots with an honest reliable Grady fisherman

blynch

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thank you.
I killed it last year at the end of the season. Would love to share spots with an honest reliable Grady fisherman
I know as recently as early last week people were doing well on bass in the Eastchester Bay area and maybe Littleneck Bay too. I went out Sunday to try to look around but the East wind cranked up like mad and pretty much stopped me at the end of the harbor. Fish might've slid a little deeper since then based on a few reports but I'm planning to head that way again this Sunday to pull mojos and flip some soft plastics.

I'm out of Stamford in CT but usually am willing to run all over for a good bite. FWIW I'm not sure it's necessary to run to the Raritan right now with some of the reports out of the western sound. Then again- this is only year 2 for me in the area and I haven't quite pinned down the bass fishing yet so maybe I'm not the guy to listen to!

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I know as recently as early last week people were doing well on bass in the Eastchester Bay area and maybe Littleneck Bay too. I went out Sunday to try to look around but the East wind cranked up like mad and pretty much stopped me at the end of the harbor. Fish might've slid a little deeper since then based on a few reports but I'm planning to head that way again this Sunday to pull mojos and flip some soft plastics.

I'm out of Stamford in CT but usually am willing to run all over for a good bite. FWIW I'm not sure it's necessary to run to the Raritan right now with some of the reports out of the western sound. Then again- this is only year 2 for me in the area and I haven't quite pinned down the bass fishing yet so maybe I'm not the guy to listen to!
Thanks for the input. I have a good blackfish spot in Stamford.
I let's keep each other posted on the bass run.

Reactions: blynch

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thank you.
Ok boys, they are back in the Raritan
Catch them up

Last edited:

blynch

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Sunday was interesting by the Throgs Neck. Marked consistently but only managed to pull out one slot fish and didn't really see anyone else get much. Water was loaded with debris. Possible the new moon had the fish somewhat turned off.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sunday was interesting by the Throgs Neck. Marked consistently but only managed to pull out one slot fish and didn't really see anyone else get much. Water was loaded with debris. Possible the new moon had the fish somewhat turned off.
Hi blynch
Went out two days ago in the light rain and got 4. Two keepers. Marked lots of fish. Water is just 51 degrees going out again on Thursday should be better. I'll keep you posted

Reactions: blynch

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hi blynch
Went out two days ago in the light rain and got 4. Two keepers. Marked lots of fish. Water is just 51 degrees going out again on Thursday should be better. I'll keep you posted
Looks like they are back . Went out yesterday. Trying again today. Let me know when you take your next trip. I head over and meet you

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looks like they are back . Went out yesterday. Trying again today. Let me know when you take your next trip. I head over and meet you
Bass all over the place
Anyone else on the fish

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
a little bird told me you NY guys should be catching tuna (bluefin AND yellowfin) at the end of Hudson-Ambrose shipping lane (the old HA bouy)