Newbie and switch question

JeffK

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Hi Everyone,
JeffK
I am new to the Grady forum but have been a Grady fan and owner for many years, my present Grady is a 1996 Spirit 175 that I purchased last year-
I downsized from a '86 228 seafarer- used primarly for Salmon fishing and pleasure
I am a Machinist/Fabricator by trade and a diehard fisherman at heart. and one of my favorite pasttimes is fabricating and rigging boats to fit my world.
Fishing primarly in the Great Lakes- we have to deal with some cold and nasty weather. I am in the process of a convertible-T-Top installation that
will allow me to tow and store the boat in my garage. GW enigineering was very helpful in reviewing the anchor points and offering suggestions as this boat was not optioned with a t-top in '96.
in any modification where you have to add or midify wiring ---ther are bound to be a few issues--- kind of like working on old plumbing!!!!!
after adding switches to the LED spot/spreader lights-I tried to replace the wire to the anchor/nav light to the new light on the t-top.
in the process some of the switch terminals came loos or broke.
My questions is- doesa anyone know the brand or part# for the OEM Nav/Anchor switch that Grady used in 1996? it is a single rocker- and I would like to match the other switches on the dash.
Thanks Jeff

Jim S

Reaction score
Hi Jeff, I have a 92 Voyager, that I had to replace a couple of switches and breakers for lights and such. I found and was able to read a number on them, and was able to cross reference and order direct through Allied Electronics on line.

JeffK

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Jim,
Thanks for the response- the dash panel is really tight to be able to read the #s on the switch- and I don't want to mess with any more wiring until I have the replacement switch
Thanks for the tip on Allied -- I will look around and maybe find a match
Jeff
-