Newbie on the scene...1990 Overnighter F200

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Picked up a 1990 Overnighter with F200 power...loving the Grady!!! After many Center Consoles, skiffs, pontoons, ski boats, jon boats, etc the GW sure has impressed so far...

Still have allot to learn about Grady, so thanks for the great info provided here...been doing some reading, you guys know your stuff...

Beer's on me all around...

6490_1166952808440_1066525509_30520653_857136_n.jpg

Foot

232 GULF

Reaction score
Hey BigFoot, I just joined a couple days ago as well and within a half hour of posting a question, i had a response w/plenty of info. ANY questions that you have feel free to post here and expect a prompt response w/helpful info. This site has been a savior to me! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Grady family.

striped bass

Reaction score
Bigfoot:
Nice Grady. One of the things to do to help the longevity of your Grady is to back out all the deck panel screws and and reinstall by embedding them in silicone compound. This will help fend off water entering under your deck and roting out the wood core. Water typically enters at the screw heads because there is little or no compound sealant used when the deck is installed at the factory. Ten years later the deck has soft spots due to rotted wood core. If you keep walking on it the fiberglass will crack and then you have a bigger problem. Get a moisture meter and run it over your deck as a way to check out this problem.

Enjoy your Grady.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bigfoot: Congrats on your Grady. We had an Overnighter for ten years and loved that boat. I hope you enjoy yours as much. By the way, the covered slip is nice!

Rob

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bigfoot,

Great looking boat. I have an '88 Overnighter that I keep on Lanier. There are several Grady's on the lake, in fact we had 3 of them at my dock Saturday at a THT gathering.

Look forward to seeing you on the lake.

Bob

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye for ya, I have a white/natural bimini on mine, do some fishing @ all the usual spots...

I came accross a 1995 (SV2) with F225 (a few days after I had this deal), it was a few more bucks (that one played out in my head for awhile), but this 1990 is rolling on just fine. The 4 banger is the real deal...

The SV2 MUST be amazing because the 1990 hull sure is...

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My boat looks very much like yours with "Bob's Cay" on the side. I have a white Bimini that is usually up and black bottom paint. Looks like you keep yours at Lazy Days Dry Storage. Mine is kept in the water at our house on the Cumming side, between Young Deer Creek and Shady Grove Campground.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I was just over visiting - I keep mine @ our dock behind Little Hall park. If your up that way, pull into the cove directly behind Little Hall, it's on a lift under a green roofed dock - back in the mouth of the cove. Stop in and say hello...

What kind of WOT are getting with the HPDI? I'm doing 42 on GPS.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just after the motor was broken in, with light fuel and load. top and antennas down I could get 49 and change in a light chop trimmed way out. Typically it will run around 42 also.

I agree with you they are great boats and I love mine. I bought mine used in 1995. It's kind of fun to head out to the middle of the lake on a busy weekend or when a storm is coming up. Haven't made the trip in about 18 months but usually take a trip or two a year to saltwater.

Haven't been up to little Hall in awhile but sounds like a good idea for a boat ride.