Nice Blueline Tile

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
We made our first offshore run of this season two weeks ago, and again this past Saturday. Added deep dropping to our program and have been rewarded with some really nice blueline tilefish.

First time, we had 31 nice tiles, with a 11#2oz citation fish (10# in Virginia).

On Saturday, at the same location, we had about 22 tiles, but Chuck pulled in this one..... an 18#7oz citation fish.

28318d1184009552-chuck-tile.jpg

We had one small YFT for our rookie, and a chicken dolphin, and a bunch of BSB, but the big tile was the highlight of the day.

Brian

TunaT

Reaction score
tile fish

exact eating....haven't tried for them yet this year, nice to see the numbers are strong. Didn't see any lights on your rigs..do you use them or not, just curious

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Re: tile fish

TunaT said:
exact eating....haven't tried for them yet this year, nice to see the numbers are strong. Didn't see any lights on your rigs..do you use them or not, just curious

No lights. Have only fished for them twice, and hadn't even heard of using lights. Interesting thought, though....

Average Joe

Reaction score
Way to go Brian. I think that's the first time I've ever seen Chuck the smiling Flounderman holding something besides a flounder or tautog. :lol:

Stonewall

Reaction score
Nice fish Brian. If this was your first trip, Cathy must have been chomping at the bit. I'm glad you finally got out.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Stonewall said:
Nice fish Brian. If this was your first trip, Cathy must have been chomping at the bit. I'm glad you finally got out.

It was our second trip this year. We went two weeks ago, also to the Norfolk Canyon. Had 31 Blueline Tilefish and one nice gaffer. Here are a few pictures...

Cathy's first BLT:
27768d1182815630-tile4.jpg

Emptied fishbox to get a count:
27767d1182815618-tile3.jpg

Great head gaff:
27771d1182815668-tile6.jpg

Stonewall

Reaction score
Damn Brian, I still see some white spots showing through on that deck. You need a couple more fish to fill in the gaps!!!

Man that looks like fun. All the best to both of you.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Average Joe said:
Way to go Brian. I think that's the first time I've ever seen Chuck the smiling Flounderman holding something besides a flounder or tautog. :lol:

I have started a renaming campaign - Chuck is no longer "Flounderman 2001", but is now known as "Tileman 2007".

Brian