NizPro ECM Flash

RogueCustoms

Reaction score
Chrisk, I am new to the forum and investigating Nizpro. I have a 2008 360 with 2014 Yamaha 2 x 350 hp. My neighbor turned me onto Nixpro as his friends did the flash on their 300s (engine details I do not know) they were happy. Ft. Myers company did it. The download can be done DIY, I think but don't trust me. Like others have stated simple fuel/air modification. I have raised the question do they consider local operating conditions and regionally they have different maps? S.Fl is completely different than Boston. Additionally, I have a good friend that runs V10 Mercs on his Yellowfin, but for many years he as done this on Duramax diesels. Gives the owners a 50/75/100 hp dial on the dash board. I too only got 5400 rpm at survey, and now 5200. I cannot explain the degradation as hull is clean, engines sound/check good and only 500hrs on powerhead. Lucky me, got to purchase a new LH lower unit during covid. Latent defect in thrust bearing. Back to the point, my props are salt water series II 16.25 x 17. Lots of slip in sloppy / somewhat large waves 6-8ft, but it is all anyone can do to get this on plane in 5ft following sea. Current plan under review is buy 15.25 x 15 PowerTech 4 blade to gain rpm, and possibly the flash. I have to go HP increase first and then reprop is my understanding. PowerTech has been very helpful and more technical than I expected. They are also a Nizpro dealer. As fate would have it, my neighbors father just purchased 2014 360 Express with 3 x 300 v6. He is complaining of the same slip issue. He purchased 15.75 x 13 pitch with the goal being plane on 2 engines. Next time I see him I will ask him if they will do the flash as well. I contacted local Nizpro dealer and he said does not void warranty, i believe he is mistaken. But my 350 has the rotordynamic flaw with the flywheel. That is a pure miss on Yamaha's part. He said if you don't violate their RPM max warranty is valid. I will never run this beast WOT for any measurable distance.

Since I am new and appears 6 months behind this chat, I would love to hear if any new information is out there.
Momentary we have flashed a bunch of V-8 350s. The results are amazing. Power is increased to 425hp. The NizPro flash does not change or affect Yamaha's unwritten commitment to replace flywheels. We have several customers who can attest to this. Also the benefits of the tune and fuel economy gains are almost entirely outside of the "bad" RPM range. Our customers are absolutely seeing an average of 10% or greater savings in fuel economy. We even have a 400hp version that only needs 87 octane (fuel savings are the same). Email us for more info roguecustomsmarine@gmail.com

RogueCustoms

Reaction score
So I got some more info about the NizPro reflash. It raises the RPM limiter to 6400 (+200). The graph shows a horsepower increase from the bottom all the way through the RPM range with the biggest gain at 5000 RPM and higher. No torque curve but the website states a 5% increase throughout. My choices are to 1) Reprop to probably a 15 pitch prop which will raise my RPMs and possibly drop my speed and/or negatively affect my economy or, 2) go with the NizPro reflash and keep the same prop. Feedback from the website and from the shop says economy will improve and the power increase will help get me into the "recommended" RPM range.

I do know that when I changed motors from the 3.3 litre F225 to the 4.2 litre 250 SHO my economy did get better and I picked up about 5-7 MPH in the process so there may be some truth to their claims. I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has done this to see if this will in fact achieve what I am trying to achieve.
Chris, I can line up my 250SHO customers all day long to attest to the power increase and fuel economy gains. Properly propped, you can absolutely expect 3-4mph more top end. You have a choice of RPM limit now - 6200 or 7100. Most of our customers choose 7100 and then prop to hit 6200-6400. The SHO develops its power at higher RPMs than the standard 4.2L offshore motors (we ideally prop them tuned or stock to 5900-6000). Happy to quote discounted pricing. roguecustomsmarine@gmail.com

Reactions: Peter A