NJ EZ pass for trailering

PFB1769

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what type of Easy pass account I need to tow a tandam axle boat trailer with a Expedition on the GSP?

I have looked on the NJ easy pass website FAQ & the applications for information but it wasn't much help.

The website says there is a GSP Trailer Discount Plan but I could not find where on the application I would apply for this plan.

Thanks

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I towed mine up and down the parkway this summer and they just charged me for the trailor 2 axles automatically. I did not have to do anything. I just have a regular ezpass for one car.

was not aware that you needed a special one for discounts unless your talking about commercial ez-pass....

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
EZ Pass

You can trailer the length of the parkway with a Van, SUV or pickup. Large trucks are not permitted North of Exit 105. Some low bridges North of the Raratin river (to the sides) but the center lanes are 13' 6" or better.

The EZ Pass in my pickup is a normal account. I trailer frequently on the GSP and use the express lanes all the time. No problem.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've trailered on the parkway, no problems. They probably search the lisc. plate and charge how it's registered.

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grog said:
I've trailered on the parkway, no problems. They probably search the lisc. plate and charge how it's registered.

If it is like most places, it is just an axle count.
Pick uos/cars with utility/boat trailers are same class as far as ezpass is concerned but they may charge for extra axle

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
EZ PASS

Used the same pass on my truck to haul the trailer - no problems with it. Be sure of this - New Jersey will make sure they charge you for the highest number of axles they can. The land of taxes.