No Power to control Panel

Direwolf

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this site. hopefully someone can help me out.
I own a 1987 24ft offshore pro with a 2007 merc 250hp optmiax. Upon return to the dock last night i ran into a problem
With the engine off, I had put on the deck lights on my hard top to fillet some fish. these are what i would call fog lamps and the light the rear very well. Also had on my radio and gps.switched to one battery and turned on the sal water washdown.
About 2 or 3 minutes later the power began to go on and off and then went
out entirely
Thinking it was the batteries and set to both on and the engine cranked right up however i have no power going to my controi panel- no lights- no bilgr no nothing
Is there a master fuse somewhere or regulator or whatever. Since my marina is in winterization mode, i have a feeling they wont be too keen on working on it now, even though there is plenty of fishing left
THanks

rnorrk

Reaction score
check for power under dash at fuze panel if you still have the old wires and old fuse panel also check ground wire there too. there is a breaker 30 0r forty back between batterys mounted to transom if its all orignal if not need more details on your specfic wires

Direwolf

Reaction score
thanks
here is how things turned out
seems the 40-amp fuse were replaced with a 50amp circuit breaker which is located near the salt water washdown
The circuit breaker was rusted out. not a good sign-
Had mechanic come and he took over and was concerned.
replaced the breaker and turned on the sww
the salt water washdown had a crack on the nipple and was shooting water right onto the breaker.
200 for t/l/p

will need to replace sww pump in spring....
20yrs old- it had a good life...lol
back to blackfishing!!!!!!!!!