No shore power to panel......HELP

Damer419

Reaction score
Hi-

This board has been an invaluable aide in getting to know my new Marlin. I have a new issue and hope someone can help. I lost shore power and am at a total loss. No power is making it into my boat. The power works, there is power coming out of the cord (tested and even used my neighbors cord to make 100% sure). I took the plug (on-boat) apart and it all looks good. Somewhere from the shore plug to the panel it is getting lost. Anybody had this problem before? Is there a main breaker that I do not know about?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Damon

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
there should be a breaker close to the power inlet. make sure it didn't trip off. ron

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Look up under the gunnel on the shore power connection side, there is a on off switch within 12 inches, make sure it is in the on position!

Reactions: airmanjun10

Damer419

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies.......I found the previously unknown switch. I was very optimistic thinking that if I found it, that it would be the problem. Unfortunately, it was not tripped and did not solve the problem. I am still at a complete loss. While I am not marine electrician, I think I am pretty decent at the basic electrical and this thing has me thrown thru a loop. :bang

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Damer419 said:
Thanks for all of the replies.......I found the previously unknown switch. I was very optimistic thinking that if I found it, that it would be the problem. Unfortunately, it was not tripped and did not solve the problem. I am still at a complete loss. While I am not marine electrician, I think I am pretty decent at the basic electrical and this thing has me thrown thru a loop. :bang

it could be that the switch is bad. they do have a life span.

Gary M

Reaction score
My 2001 Marlin has the BIG selector switch just inside the cabin and it's labeled SHORE-OFF-GEN. I had the same "problem" that you did once and it was because that big switch was still in the OFF position! :bang

Also, take out the four screws and drop the AC/DC switch panel down and look at the back of the main AC switch........ Check the connections, etc. See if you are getting power to there at least.

Do NOT use a screw gun to re-install the four screws or you run the chance of stripping one......

Call your nearest G-W dealer, ask for the Service Dept and ask them for some advice.

Ditto with calling G-W themselves.

Hire a Marine Electrician....... I did that last month one day before shoving off for 18 nights staying aboard the boat in the Bahamas and he traced it to a bad cord. Looks like you have that covered.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Gary M, when are you going to post your awesome Bahamas pix.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not meaning to hijack this thread. But yes the most recent trip. I enjoy reading your trip descriptions and looking at the pix.

airmanjun10

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hello. Was there a fix to this issue? I have a1999 Marlin and when i turned on the electric stove, i lost all shore power. Checked the breaker under gunnel and it was not tripped. What else should i look at if the cord is also good? Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

seasick

Reaction score
Is there power at the dock? Is the shore power dock outlet ground fault protected?
The dock receptacle may be bad. Your shore power chord may be bad. Your deck receptacle may be bad.
Start at the dock and work towards the panel.

airmanjun10

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Okay, will check and get back with more information. Thanks.