Non-Custom Hard Tops

Bryan3536

Reaction score
We have been toying with the idea of a hArd top, and saw the stuff Atlantic makes at the boat show. They claim to fit well, but I saw posts here from a few years back saying the "top in a box" kits never work out. Still the consensus? Anyone use one of these for their boat? Price was good - I think $2100 installed was the boat show price for the sunbrella kit on a walk around. I think we are going to wait a year on this, but still very curious.

seasick

Reaction score
If I boated in rough waters, I would not be inclined to get one of those kits. I do not have any first hand experience but everytime I see their booth with the tops, I wonder how rigid they are and if they stay tight.
I would prefer a custom welded frame.

Clockwork

Reaction score
dont get a fits-all bolt on hard top. if its for a little 16' center console maybe but those things just aint rigid enough and cost way too much for a non custom piece. i was selling custom hardtops and T-Tops for about the same price as those tower-in-a-box deals and i suspect you could find a good fabricator over there who could do the same.

you have to brace the heck out of these things if you go in rough water there is so much leverage and those out of the box deals just dont have the right geometry and mounting points not to shake like crazy. not to fault the company because thats an inherint problem in anything you try to make universally fit.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Clockwork is right, when you price out a basic fabric top you will be right in line with one of those box deals. The options are what blows the price out of the water (fiberglass, e-box, rod holders, lights, etc).