Non Skid on Gunnels

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What is the consensus on treating the sand -like non skid sections on the gunnels? Do you wax/ polish it, or just clean it and put some Woody Wax on it.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I treat it exactly as the rest of the gel coated surfaces. Polish with Finesse It and seal with Collinite wax. Creates a great shine that lasts for months. Surface is still not slippery after this process.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Strikezone said:
I treat it exactly as the rest of the gel coated surfaces. Polish with Finesse It and seal with Collinite wax. Creates a great shine that lasts for months. Surface is still not slippery after this process.

Never tried that, it might be worth doing it next time, i will report back.

ayacht

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use woody on it all the way to the rub rail. Do it every 2-3 weeks. Woody is so easy to apply i use it on the entire topside throughout the season.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I use Starbrite non-skid deck cleaner on all of the cross hatched surfaces. It's not slippery and really lifts the dirt out. It seems to prevent stuff from sticking as well.

539189.jpg

You can get the exact same product at Walmart under the Atwood label for a lot less money.

Everything else gets polished and sealed with a polymer sealant such as Woody Wax.

JeffN

Reaction score
I use the Meguiare's three step on everything before the boat goes in the water in the spring and then maintain it with Woody Wax a couple of times during the season.