Notes from the Raleigh Boat Show

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
o The crowd seemed pretty good although I was told Friday was slooow.

o There was a shortage of large boats compared to some years. Biggest GW was a 330. Pursuit showed a OS315.

o GW is back to a 5 day week but with a smaller staff (under 300).

o There are no plans to drop the Marlin. It still outsells the 305 according to a GW rep. No redesign planned at this time since the owners really like it as is.

o All dealers are excited about the new Yammies. 300HP in a V6 with the same weight as a F225 is awesome. My next Marlin will have a pair of those puppies.

o I love the electronic controls. Although I haven't used them on the water they sure are smooth on the show boats.

o LED lighting is everywhere.

o The Pursuit OS315 is one pretty boat. GW should look at it's bilge and internal rigging. Top notch. The access to batteries, fuel valves, genset, etc is outstanding. The cabin finish is also gorgeous. I prefer the 300 layout and design but GW can learn from the competition.

o The GW 330 is one nice boat. I really like the recent redesign. Awesome.

o Bought some very cool powder coated aluminum bait trays. They come in different sizes and are designed to fit certain cooler models. Can't wait to try them.

o About 50% of GW buyers get the helm deck option when offered. No plans for the 300 but I was told it could be done after market and was offered a contact in Wilmington who is known to GW engineering. They also said let them know when it's time for Megabytes 3 and they may be able to do a factory custom version for me. That is truly "customer engineered"!

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
The show was somewhat smaller than previous years. I did really like the 330 too. I will agree that some of the layouts of systems on the Pursuits are superior to grady in some aspects. I still believe that Grady is the king when it comes to use of avail. space.

hit-n-run

Reaction score
Looked at the 330 express. What an impressive boat. Trying to get dad to pull the trigger. Just waiting for somethings to fall into place.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im a bit surprised GW has not at least modified the deck above the gen for easier access to the Gen and bilge. They did to the 305, the 29, the 08 and newer 33 and the 36

I would be VERY interested in an aftermarket kit or even an option that can be purchased from GW. Should only require a gutter system and a few hinges and latches.

2005 300 Marlin w/F250's

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Agreed. The Pursuit has really nice deck hatches with SS latches. When you lift the aft hatch, all of the bilge systems are easily accessible. I also like the finished bilge, clamping, and wiring. This is an area where GW gets hammered on message boards.

I believe a few more dollars spent here would go a long way to squelch the Pursuit has better fit and finish discussions. Hopefully GW is listening. :wink:

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
megabytes said:
Agreed. The Pursuit has really nice deck hatches with SS latches. When you lift the aft hatch, all of the bilge systems are easily accessible. I also like the finished bilge, clamping, and wiring. This is an area where GW gets hammered on message boards.

I believe a few more dollars spent here would go a long way to squelch the Pursuit has better fit and finish discussions. Hopefully GW is listening. :wink:

They are listening, i was promissed a gelcoated bilge with Cabo quality wiring on my 426 :wink:

......................................................... I wish :roll: