Novice Boater

Ron 1969

Reaction score
Hi Im currently looking at a 1984 grady offshore 24' w a 2002-225 yamaha four stroke w 600hrs on it. The boat is in great shape im just worried about the outboards condition i only have seen pics of boat but im going to have a marine mechanic check it out . Being that the boat is an 1984 is there anything i should look for w this model ? And the asking price is $12,500 is that price to high?

This is the ad : 1984 Grady White Offshore.  Price reduced for quick sale.  2002 Yamaha 225 four stroke with about 600 hours.  2 year old canvas.  Garmin 182 gps, Raymarine DX500 fishfinder, Ritchie compass, saltwater washdown, 32 qt fish box, live well, porta potti, Simpson Lawrence windlass, 2 batteries (brand new).  Brand new Moeller poly gas tank and moeller poly aux tank.  Great fishing machine or family boat.  Cuddy cabin with porta potti all cushions, rod holders and plenty of storage. Boat cruises at 35+ mph while sipping 4 gallons per hour.  Boat is in water and can be tested with deposit.  Moving up and need this gone.  Make offer.  Reasonable offers entertained.

Thanks Everyone
Ron

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Ron 1969 said:
Hi Im currently looking at a 1984 grady offshore 24' w a 2002-225 yamaha four stroke w 600hrs on it. The boat is in great shape im just worried about the outboards condition i only have seen pics of boat but im going to have a marine mechanic check it out . Being that the boat is an 1984 is there anything i should look for w this model ? And the asking price is $12,500 is that price to high?

This is the ad : 1984 Grady White Offshore.  Price reduced for quick sale.  2002 Yamaha 225 four stroke with about 600 hours.  2 year old canvas.  Garmin 182 gps, Raymarine DX500 fishfinder, Ritchie compass, saltwater washdown, 32 qt fish box, live well, porta potti, Simpson Lawrence windlass, 2 batteries (brand new).  Brand new Moeller poly gas tank and moeller poly aux tank.  Great fishing machine or family boat.  Cuddy cabin with porta potti all cushions, rod holders and plenty of storage. Boat cruises at 35+ mph while sipping 4 gallons per hour.  Boat is in water and can be tested with deposit.  Moving up and need this gone.  Make offer.  Reasonable offers entertained.

Thanks Everyone
Ron

Well, the boat should certainly be surveyed by the best, independent (i.e. not affiliated with or recommended by the seller/broker) surveyor you can hire.

Engine should be checked carefully for any sign of the F225 corrosion issue.

And this statement "Boat cruises at 35+ mph while sipping 4 gallons per hour" is highly questionable (i.e. not possible).

Good luck,
Brian

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
"And this statement "Boat cruises at 35+ mph while sipping 4 gallons per hour" is highly questionable (i.e. not possible).

x 2- I would wonder what else has been "exaggerated" by the owner..i.e..service intervals?