NY Boat Show, some dissapointment

seasick

Reaction score
I finally convinced my wife to go to the NY boat show. My intentions were to show her what the Express 330 or 305 is like with respect to berth, cabin space and amenities. Low and behold, Grady had no expresses on the floor. All models were centers or dual consoles. I guess those are the models that are selling.
After several hours and several 'tours', she decided that her favorite boat by far was the Whaler 315 Conquest. I have to admit it was a nice looking and well laid out design but my wife was more interested in the options, like joy stick, deck slide out grill, and telescoping sun shade( the shade is self supporting with no straps or frame that would get in the way of fishing.

So I bought my Powerball ticket today and will see what happens:)

Fishtales

Reaction score
yea, I think GW over rotated on the DCs, but they are selling and you have to produce what sells.

30marlin

Reaction score
seasick said:
I finally convinced my wife to go to the NY boat show. My intentions were to show her what the Express 330 or 305 is like with respect to berth, cabin space and amenities. Low and behold, Grady had no expresses on the floor. All models were centers or dual consoles. I guess those are the models that are selling.
After several hours and several 'tours', she decided that her favorite boat by far was the Whaler 315 Conquest. I have to admit it was a nice looking and well laid out design but my wife was more interested in the options, like joy stick, deck slide out grill, and telescoping sun shade( the shade is self supporting with no straps or frame that would get in the way of fishing.

It sure was. The show is half the size it was. Although a lot of companies had gone under since the economy tanked and others just want exhibit at New York due to the expense.

The Grady stand looked nice this year with a few more boats. They should not have done away with the boarding steps that went up to the transom door. It was always easier to get on and off with those. The new Grady White brochure was just horrible. Nothing about the boats except a fold out pamphlet on the specs.

They also dropped a few models including the 305 Express.

30marlin

Reaction score
BTW did you see the onboard engine flushing ports?
They save you the trouble of stepping into the splash well to hook up the hose.
The one guy I talk to did not know to much about those.

He thinks it was something that Grady and Yamaha came up with and that Yamaha may come out with those.
I also check out the boats to see what new improvements they come up with.

Mjdap

Reaction score
I was at the NYC boat show, 2012, and the GW Marlin, the 315 Conquest and the Pursuit 315 were all there. My girlfriend and I went in and out of each boat multiple times, and clearly the Marlin was the better choice, for me.

I think the Helm, mid ship berth, cockpit and details did it for me, but I know I am a bit biased anyway. I wanted to be convinced of the Pursuit, but ended up buying a used Marlin ( For sale btw)

At the show, they had the 360 express, so it is a shame that they do not bring that to theck show. It would be fun to compare the pursuit os 385 to the 360, back to back

seasick

Reaction score
Mjdap said:
I was at the NYC boat show, 2012, and the GW Marlin, the 315 Conquest and the Pursuit 315 were all there. My girlfriend and I went in and out of each boat multiple times, and clearly the Marlin was the better choice, for me.

I think the Helm, mid ship berth, cockpit and details did it for me, but I know I am a bit biased anyway. I wanted to be convinced of the Pursuit, but ended up buying a used Marlin ( For sale btw)

At the show, they had the 360 express, so it is a shame that they do not bring that to theck show. It would be fun to compare the pursuit os 385 to the 360, back to back
Last year the Express was there but my wife wasn't:)

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So I bought my Powerball ticket today and will see what happens:)[/quote]
:lol:

seasick

Reaction score
dstarok said:
:lol:[/quote]
I wish you luck. I tried that approach but alas.....:(