O-ring Replacement - Fuel Fill

mashenden

Reaction score
I may have missed it but I cannot find a post that idenitifies the part number for a replacement fuel fill o-ring.

I have a 1993 Seafarer, which I know has a Perko 0521 fuel fill (w black palstic cap) that is no longer made. Perko says the 0520 is a near replacement (w metal fill cap) but I can't seem to find the o-ring part number for either. Given how important it is to keep water out of gas, particuallry ethanol gas, and given that the old o-ring looked like it was all but toast, I really think many or us could use this infomration.

If anyone knows the Perko part number for the o-rings (or another supplier's equivalent), please post it.

If nobody knows it, I'll contact Perko again to see what they say.

Thank you in advance.

gw204

Reaction score
I don't remember the size, but I found ones that would work at the local Ace Hardware.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yeah, I just walked into a boat parts place with the old one, they had them on the shelf. Probably a pretty standard part. Try Somers Point Marina in (strangely enough) Somers Point NJ. He'd mail you one.

mashenden

Reaction score
gw204 said:
I don't remember the size, but I found ones that would work at the local Ace Hardware.

hotajax said:
Yeah, I just walked into a boat parts place with the old one, they had them on the shelf. Probably a pretty standard part. Try Somers Point Marina in (strangely enough) Somers Point NJ. He'd mail you one.

Thanks all - I had every intention of taking the old one into a hardware store, but then promptly misplaced it. I was hoping to get a part number. Perko is sending me a couple, which is greatly appreciated, but no part number provided at this point. Given how important it is to maintain this part in good shape, it surprises me that part numbers and sources are largely not documented on the Web. Odd.

mashenden

Reaction score
For anyone that needs the specifics, my '93 Seafarer has a Perko 0521 fuel fill. This hardware is no longer made but the 0520 is very similar - the main difference being that the cap is metal, rather than black plastic.

The o-ring replacement for both of these fuel fills (as well as the 0507 for waste) is the PERKO 0520DP099B. This o-ring is 1.75" outside dia, 1.5" inside dia, 1/8" ring thickness. A friend also put one of these rings on a 0540 that has the integrated vent and most importantly a cap that lets rain roll off the edge without getting into the opening (awesome design change).

A word of advise is to keep these o-rings in good shape if your have the older type fuel fill where rain does not roll off the edge, but instead can collect in the seam between the fill hole and the cap. This o-ring is the only defense against water getting into the fuel, which is a bigger deal if you use ethanol gas that is more susceptible to problems when water gets in (causes phase separation where the ethanol separates out).