Oh the places we have gone

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Cool thread SMG!!
Thanks. I wanted to post about 6 more picture but the limit is ten. The memories made on her are priceless. That's my buddy Ben holding the dolphin and the little boy is my son Kyle . We were on the Tennessee River at Lake Chicamauga up river from Chattanooga. Kyle was 11 or 12 then. He is blind and loves his boat. Boating has meant a great deal to us in bringing a sense of normalcy to our family.

Our boat has taken us to the Bahamas Keys, Dry Tortugas, Lakes ,Rivers, intercoastal waterway, I even took her to Pamlico Sea Base Scout camp a few times. I tried to capture 11 years of adventure in just 10 images.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Smoky! Appreciate your sharing of family and boating times with us......sometimes it feels we are all family in this "Great Grady" club of time together through phots and words.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Boating is a calming force in my life. It has bonded me with my boys in particular. Kyle loves being on her and going fast and Cole is now at age where he is helping me fix her. He is also at the age where when we fish he knows his job and does it. The Grady is cement in my life and I mean the kind that bonds us together. I have been taking Cole on father son fishing trips now for 9 years. I was trolling last year thinking when I turn 70 Cole will be pushing 40 and what a blessing it will be to do our annual spring dolphin fishing trip.

There are guys who want a go fast center console and the boat is nothing more than a tool to catch fish
Me, the boat is a conduit to life on the sea. It's fishing, it's cruising, snorkeling and the sandbar..it's time with my kids. It's a place where Kyle and I are true pals. He loves the sea like his old man and it's amazing given his disabilities. The boy is connected to the ocean like I am.

I think folks who buy Grady's get that maybe more than most. It's a connection to quality and a connection to the sea.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
As everyone has said, great shots! Happy for you & your family.

2 Questions:

1.) The reef light shot: Sombrero or Carysfort?

2.) I see the Tenn River shot..Did you get to run the stretch between Chattanooga & Chickamunga? The bluffs falling sheer to the river is spectacular; like the Grand Canyon, sort of. That is a great area. I have a shot of me barefoot skiing underneath the I-24 bridge at Nickajack.

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer

Those are some Awesome pictures. I am chewing at the bit to buy my 208 after the first. I decided to buy that one. It is more in my price range. I met with the sales rep. yesterday.They are third in the country for Grady sales. It looks like I’m going new. I lot can happen between now and then. I decided the 208 do to it’s suitably for me. I suspect I’ll be running offshore myself a lot. Penny and I’ll do some exploring and some with friends. I have a charter captain friend. Him and I’ll be fishing. He fishes mostly skinny waters. My boat will handle the rest.

keep in touch and of course, keep the pictures coming.

Take care.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Very nice Smokey. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep the pictures and stories coming.

R

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Awesome photos. Looks like you're getting the most out of it. My family is always happier when we're spending more time on the water. Many of my best childhood memories are boating memories. Guess that's why I wanted that for my kids too.

Reactions: RussGW270

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I too have run the "Grand Canyon of the South" from Chattanooga to Nickajack. 38 miles and it's beautiful. Friendly tip - make the run in October when the leaves are changing.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
THAT'S the time to go. We went in the summer and it was really something. I can imagine it with the changing leaves.