Oil Change pump?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Used the jabsco today. Worked great on the Suzukis but I need to use a bigger bucket. Comes with 3.5 gal bucket but 2 zukes hold 4 gals+
.Jabsco oil changer.jpeg

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I use a spare 3 gallon oil container. I just reverse the pump between engines to fill the spare container. The smaller bucket with the pump on top is awkward enough as it is .

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I use a spare 3 gallon oil container. I just reverse the pump between engines to fill the spare container. The smaller bucket with the pump on top is awkward enough as it is .
This one doesn't reverse....I'm cheap....I think I could make it pump out though. The "out" goes directly into the bucket thru the lid but it has a quick disconnect. If a get one of those and some tubing I could pump out to a different bucket.

In this case I poured a gallon out to an empty gallon oil container to give me room for the other motor. Don't like that...defeats the purpose of pumping directly to bucket.

I think I would rather just have one bucket hold it all....simple...clean....

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I've never actually checked, but I thought that a 3.5g bucket is the same size (diameter) as a 5g bucket?

not all lids (5 gal nor 3.5 gal ) are interchangeable. Some have slightly different diameter and some have gaskets or formed edges that require the matching lid.
I have a mixed supply of buckets available to me. Just have to find a bucket that works with this lid...or remount the pump to a new 5 gal lid/bucket.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
not all lids (5 gal nor 3.5 gal ) are interchangeable. Some have slightly different diameter and some have gaskets or formed edges that require the matching lid.
I have a mixed supply of buckets available to me. Just have to find a bucket that works with this lid...or remount the pump to a new 5 gal lid/bucket.
Gotcha. Carry on! :)

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Been using the manual pumps for many years on various engines. But I'll buy various short lengths of hose to make sure I get a good seal over the dip stick tube. Seems like I get a more complete drain of oil that way.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
2021- hit the 100 hr mark on Aug 1st
Did the oil change with the jabsco pump.. its a pleasure actually...something that works as described

Also, this time I tried, watching carefully, and I found I was able to fit both motors into the bucket. The bucket can contain 4 gals. with about an inch to spare. A motor holds 8L (8.5 qt) but I don't change the filter until end of season oil change on the hard... and with whatever does not come out with the pump. That simplified the process with no transfer of oil. I just take the bucket to the dump and empty in the recycle tank.

Also, 2 gals put the level near the top dot on the dipstick

!oil changer.jpg

Reactions: SoLucky