ok - this is silly ... cup holders question

bullymadison

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Hey all - 2004 Fisherman 222. The cup holders at the helm - the holes are waaay too big - even for a can with a coozie. is there supposed to be an insert or something to hold the average 120z. can or water bottle? sick of splashing all over! :)
Thanks for any ideas!
BM

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
My bet/guess is that they were designed to be able to have a koozie on the can.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think that using something like this would be the least invasive way to get what you want, unless you really want to replace the existing cup holders with something different. These, depending on the size of your current cupholders, should fit in and then have the tabs on them so they'll hold a regular 12 oz soda can. They also make one that's in the second link which has a cell phone holder attached, which is pretty nice if you take your phone out of your pocket and need a place to leave it.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I've got to use the old style thick foam coozies on my 2005 265, the modern thin neoprene sleeves don't work but the thick ones fit perfectly. Originally sized cupholders also don't work well for the double wall tumblers (Yeti, RTIC, etc) but I did find these ring inserts that make them functional again though it does dress down the stainless a bit. Mine came from Boat Outfitters, https://www.boatoutfitters.com/drop...MIwubiq96K-AIVpIlbCh0UGAbpEAQYBCABEgItsPD_BwE
1654034871496.png

Reactions: ItalianAngler

bullymadison

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I think that using something like this would be the least invasive way to get what you want, unless you really want to replace the existing cup holders with something different. These, depending on the size of your current cupholders, should fit in and then have the tabs on them so they'll hold a regular 12 oz soda can. They also make one that's in the second link which has a cell phone holder attached, which is pretty nice if you take your phone out of your pocket and need a place to leave it.

These did not work. They only made the cupholder taller and less stable... anyone want to buy two for the price of 1 ??? :)

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You might have the Australian edition and only Fosters cans fit there. ;) jk. I'll check my nephews 222 today and see whats up
Fosters, Green Label! This is a perfect example of a "first world" problem but the challenge to make the first world perfect is a legitimate endeavor.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

bullymadison

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
so - as silly as this continues to be, i havent found a good solution. there must be Grady "inserts" or something... and its hard to find Foster's on Cape Cod! :)

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I did a scientific test for you. You will need exactly 14 rolls of 3M 88 electrical tape. Roll it evenly from the bottom, up 3 1/2 inches on the side of a standard beer can and it will fit nicely in that standard holder. When you finish drinking that one, just run down to the hardware store and grab 14 more rolls, run on back home and you know what to do. If you run into other unfathomable problems you need help with, just give us a shout.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Why have cans go for full size 0.75liter wine bottles or champagne even
I have not found a solution to the wiggling drinks yet,
h

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It really isn't a silly question..........every time that I try to replace something on my '82 Offshore I find that the parts available now are smaller than original equipment....rod holders.....gas filler cap.....can't find a wheel spinner that fits my steering wheel....happens all the time!

BTW.....Fosters sucks! :)

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bully, you got me thinking about my cup holders. I have one favorite coozie that I looked at closely this morning. Turns out, it seems that my cup holders are designed for this style of coozie. It is hollow plastic that holds the can surrounded by insulating foam. A bit of the plastic can holder sticks out beneath the foam and fits perfectly into a little indentation in the cup holder. It is like it is locked in there. I never paid attention until reading your post but it is as if the two are made for each other. My boat is a 2007 Sailfish but I do frequently see replacement cup holders that seem to be identical to these.

1661278240648.jpeg

1661278265752.jpeg

1661278308342.jpeg

1661278334296.jpeg

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nothing beats an old school foam koozie, that's what I use, snug as bug. The newest yeti 12 oz can ones also fit in mine, but not quite as well as you tend to pull up both the can and the cupholder.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Nothing beats an old school foam koozie, that's what I use, snug as bug. The newest yeti 12 oz can ones also fit in mine, but not quite as well as you tend to pull up both the can and the cupholder.
this is what i was going to say. the 90s foam ones were WAY thicker than the nearly useless thin neoprene ones out now.