Ok....you all needed a chuckle;)

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yes, this is a quasi-salespitch, but...he was too cute so had to post it:p

My son is in Scouts and we were working on his movie making badge. He got to direct, act, screenplay schtuph and edit so, not perfect, but too darn cute lol

so, enjoy:p

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
2 thumbs up for a dad spending time with his kid. Far too many leave it up to coaches, teachers, and electronics to take the place of parenting.
We know at the very least he will have learned to fix a boat and trailer!:p

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
my son went through Scouts from First Grade to Life . He was burned out by 10th grade. lots of great memories. That is a cute video. Good job. However, I am so thankful I don't have to do any more Trails End popcorn stuff. It's a marginal product that is too expensive and way too much competition in the market place. I always told our Troop we should take $1,000 and buy Girl Scout Cookies in February and store them in a cool dry place at 65F and then in June hold a Boy Scout cookie sale ! it's a win win. We support our local girl scout troop and since we were the only ones doing it, the laws and supply and demand kick in and voila we could triple or even quadruple our investment! You don't have to sell Girl Scout Cookies,they sell themselves . Trails End is like selling a used Suburban on a used car lot for premium prices . lol.

Good job. live in the moment. These days go by quickly. it was just five short years ago when Cole was a 14 year old Troop leader. Best days of my life I tell you.

Reactions: RussGW270

Divajean

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Russ,I'm proud of you and your son,I started in Cubs and made eagle at age 16,still see my scout friends, great times and great memories, I buy popcorn every time I see a scout!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work, I was in troop 186,still have my uniform. My future son in law is eagle scout,graduating the citadel in spring.always be prepared is a big part of boating.....nice job keep up the good work....Mike

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Russ,I'm proud of you and your son,I started in Cubs and made eagle at age 16,still see my scout friends, great times and great memories, I buy popcorn every time I see a scout!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work, I was in troop 186,still have my uniform. My future son in law is eagle scout,graduating the citadel in spring.always be prepared is a big part of boating.....nice job keep up the good work....Mike
Mike, one of my college buddies from FSU son is graduating from the Citadel this spring too. He is an engineering major. They live in Simpsonville! . Maybe you know them ?

Divajean

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mike, one of my college buddies from FSU son is graduating from the Citadel this spring too. He is an engineering major. They live in Simpsonville! . Maybe you know them ?
I've met some of his citadel friends, Keegan worked in upstate all summer, he's in engineering also,I bet they know each other, they've been in lockdown, had to watch ring ceremony on YouTube, my daughter goes to college charleston, I'll be down there next weekend, maybe get to meet Simpson ville is great town,also,lake Fontana is on my bucket list ,maybe hang out one weekend

Divajean

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've met some of his citadel friends, Keegan worked in upstate all summer, he's in engineering also,I bet they know each other, they've been in lockdown, had to watch ring ceremony on YouTube, my daughter goes to college charleston, I'll be down there next weekend, maybe get to meet Simpson ville is great town,also,lake Fontana is on my bucket list ,maybe hang out one weekend
Hey smokie,I was looking at. Your pictures, saw where you went to pamlicoscout camp,spent two weeks there with my troop back in the 80s,dreamed of boating the pamlico,cool,you brought back great moments in time

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey smokie,I was looking at. Your pictures, saw where you went to pamlicoscout camp,spent two weeks there with my troop back in the 80s,dreamed of boating the pamlico,cool,you brought back great moments in time
Those guys at Sea Base Pamlico are awesome!!!!! So, my youngest son Cole has epilepsy. It manifested itself when he was 13. Initially our Troop was supportive but then the committee chair got wigged out by the risk factors of taking an epileptic to a high adventure camp. They were thinking if something went wrong and Coke got hurt or worse that I would sue the Troop.

The committee chair took it to the Daniel Boone Council and they initially told Cole and I that he couldn't go. Sea Base Pamlico stepped in and said he could go. Then Danielle Boone Council called Sea Base and said he could not attend with his troop. It got testy but the Sea Base leadership said we deal with special needs kids all the time. They told Danielle Boone leadership that they will admit Cole as a provisional scout and do it at the same time his troop would be there.

I can not say enough how great Sea Base Pamlico is and their crew and Grady White supports them too! I wish I could say the same thing about the Daniel Boone leadership. we loved it so much our Troop went there again. on the last day, unfortunately, Cole did have a seizure.. But you know what.His troop saw it ,they rallied around my son. They learned a few life lessons that morning.

Due to taking depikote in the 9th and 10th grade years Cole struggled with life and Scouting was just too much. we didn't push him to reach Eagle . Today my son is a sophomore in college majoring in biology at UCF and is a Marching Knight . he plays the tenor sax.

Russ should be very proud of his son. The kid some day could be an anchorman . lol. He seems like a fine young man and he should go far.

Divajean

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those guys at Sea Base Pamlico are awesome!!!!! So, my youngest son Cole has epilepsy. It manifested itself when he was 13. Initially our Troop was supportive but then the committee chair got wigged out by the risk factors of taking an epileptic to a high adventure camp. They were thinking if something went wrong and Coke got hurt or worse that I would sue the Troop.

The committee chair took it to the Daniel Boone Council and they initially told Cole and I that he couldn't go. Sea Base Pamlico stepped in and said he could go. Then Danielle Boone Council called Sea Base and said he could not attend with his troop. It got testy but the Sea Base leadership said we deal with special needs kids all the time. They told Danielle Boone leadership that they will admit Cole as a provisional scout and do it at the same time his troop would be there.

I can not say enough how great Sea Base Pamlico is and their crew and Grady White supports them too! I wish I could say the same thing about the Daniel Boone leadership. we loved it so much our Troop went there again. on the last day, unfortunately, Cole did have a seizure.. But you know what.His troop saw it ,they rallied around my son. They learned a few life lessons that morning.

Due to taking depikote in the 9th and 10th grade years Cole struggled with life and Scouting was just too much. we didn't push him to reach Eagle . Today my son is a sophomore in college majoring in biology at UCF and is a Marching Knight . he plays the tenor sax.

Russ should be very proud of his son. The kid some day could be an anchorman . lol. He seems like a fine young man and he should go far.
I'm glad Cole is doing well,looking at your pictures you've had some great family time on your grady, owned mine a year,hope next year I can post some pictures...this has been one crazy year

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sorry, did not get notified of replies or missed it. Thanks for the nice comments.

Nathan is currently helping me replace the 2nd axle on the trailer. We already swapped the first one so it was time to get the second one. He loves the boat, just wish there were badges he could earn for it heh. Either way,the popcorn is stupid priced, but we have to try to help where we can, since we cannot do storefront sales this year. Our pack sold over 33k worth last year and are at about 400 right now. It is what it is, but gave us a chance to make the videos together and we have a live event on the 24th on facebook, and youtube. This gives Nathan and some other scouts a chance to talk abou scouting and what it means.

Anyway, just had fun so figured to share. Had no idea anyone had replied heh.

Oh, loved the Citadel when I was stationed in S.C.. Would have liked to go there but came back for UT:p

Okay, back to work on the axle then we have a cross-over tomorrow and then hope to get on the lake the following weekend and get the boat a good run to see how she runs now.

Have a great weekend all!

Russ

Reactions: JJMag and Divajean

Fishtales

Reaction score
great stuff. my two boys were in scouting and both got their eagle. we had a lot of fun through the years.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Russ,
Very cool to watch the videos!!
Did ALOT of Cub/Boy Scout camping at the Bastrop Campgrounds with both of my kids.
Pack 79 and Troop 990 in ATX.
Then a big move to Reno in 2015.
Nice to see you wearing a Scoutmaster uniform too!
Got one Eagle, and one First Class Scout so far from the journey with scouting.
YIS
Lee
Screenshot_20201003-094806_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201003-094654_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: JJMag

Divajean

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Russ,
Very cool to watch the videos!!
Did ALOT of Cub/Boy Scout camping at the Bastrop Campgrounds with both of my kids.
Pack 79 and Troop 990 in ATX.
Then a big move to Reno in 2015.
Nice to see you wearing a Scoutmaster uniform too!
Got one Eagle, and one First Class Scout so far from the journey with scouting.
YIS
Lee
View attachment 16379View attachment 16380
Great to see scouting is still thriving I'm member of order of arrow also,always be prepared!!!!

Reactions: leeccoll

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hello,

This is Nathan. My dad let me borrow his phone to post a thank you to all of you. I am really happy you watched my movie and hope you will watch this one I made so i can say thank you.
Nathan

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lol, he did not even realize he called himself Captain until I showed him the video and I could not bring myself to change it lol;)