Old Decals

Blackbird

Reaction score
I bought an 05 Grady that previously had large decals on the sides. They have been removed but after a time, the hull fades at different rates and the old name clearly shows through. A good buffing with off the shelf cleaner/polish takes care of the problem but only lasts a few months or so in the Florida sun. Any suggestions what to use that will take care of the problem once and for all?

Thanks.

Blackbird

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
Have you tried a more aggressive compound? I had old letters that clearly showed because of the oxidation. I used the compound by 3M and now it is just barely visible. I may need to go over it again with the same compound. It was a huge difference from before. A power buffer will work better than manual labor.

Reaction score
I had the same problem on an older Grady several years ago. The only way I got rid of the problem was to use agressive buffing compound and a heavy duty buffer. It takes some work but eventually the old image will disappear and not return.

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
I have a 24' Offshore I found the Grady decal but am having trouble finding the stripe know anywhere I can get it?

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just removed regi numbers that were ther from 1990 using "Buff Magic" by Yacht Brite and left nothing showing. This thing is amazing. It's good for fiberglass recondition and metal polish.