Older Gulfstream Questions

toolguy73

Reaction score
After looking since April, I'm back in the game with an 87 Gulfstream. A bracket boat with a dry, solid, original transom. Single 2000 225 Evinrude that may need repowering sooner or later. And a 98 tandem trailer. When I first saw it, the scuppers were above the water line 8)

Besides all the 23 year old things that need attention :wink: , she need a major cleaning.

There are four covered storage compartments in the cabin, and the anchor locker. Each one looks like it just drains into the bilge. Can these be scrubbed down and rinsed with a hose?

Where will the water go?

Thanks
Dom

Boss Tog

Reaction score
It should have a forward bilge with seperate pump.

cgmiller

Reaction score
Hey Tool Guy,

I just picked up a 1990 Gulfstream over the weekend and we started a major douche of the boat yesterday..the mildew was bad and there were some bugs...I do believe that the forward hatches all drain into the bilge..I was going to spray-9 them and wash them out but there is so much loose dirt that the shp vac is going to have to go in there first....the rear hatches were black with mold....sprayed the crap out of the ares with bleach and it cleaned up pretty nice...so far...